I bought an Iphone 4S but it turns out its reported lost?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chelosera91, Dec 6, 2013.

1. chelosera91 macrumors newbie

Is there any way I can unlock it? Its from Verizon by the way. :confused:

2. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

If you mean it's has an Apple ID lock, then, no. If it is iOS7 activation locked, and it's a 4S, then it's not possible, yet. We are still searching a bypass for the 4S and up. If it's just a 4, then it's possible, but we arent allowed to talk of such things on Macrumors.

3. chelosera91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm good question, the lady just said I couldn't use the phone because it was reported "lost"

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Is "the lady" a Verizon employee? If so, it sounds like it's been blocked at the network level. It sounds like you've bought a stolen phone; where did you buy it from? Can you return it?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So why did you buy it then if its reported lost/stolen?
    Shouldn't you ask all these questions before not after you buy it.

6. chelosera91 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes she was, and well I bought it from a friend like 3 months ago but the screen was broken, I recently fixed it and tried to use it as mine thats when I found it was "lost". I'll talk to my friend maybe he did it just so he could get another one that bastard

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You probably bought a stolen phone. You can try contacting the person you bought it from in case for some reason they were the ones who reported it lost. Other than that you are out of luck and you're just going to have to learn from this and next time you want to buy a used phone meet at a Verizon store and make sure it activates before you give the guy money.