I bought Dented Refrbished Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fasnimosani, Oct 31, 2018.

1. fasnimosani, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

fasnimosani macrumors newbie

So I bought a MacBook pro refurbished not from Apple, and discovered it has a huge dent. As on now, I'm not sure if I should return it because it has the specs I need. It run well in the 1st 4hrs I've had it. Would keeping it and dealing with repairs after warranty be some what an issue? I would return it but I can't seem to find the same model with specs and ect. For videography I'd like it to be a none hassle.

Attached Files:

2. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

Return it for sure. It may affect future warranty claims.

3. kohlson macrumors 68000

I would return it, at east to have it repaired. These things slip through sometimes. They are warranted as though they are new systems.

4. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

It came like that? No way they would sell that.

5. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

Back to where it came from! Request the new one! Case closed, this is not normal for a refurb Mac.

That dent looks so huge, it looks like someone thought it's a bar of chocolate, and then ate small piece off!

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

You bought that from Apple? Doesn't seem right.

7. IngerMan macrumors 65816

IngerMan

That entire side looks well used by the ports. Send it back. Suspicious as it looks

8. SDColorado, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Did you buy that from Apple or some other seller? Hard to believe Apple would allow they to slip through. It looks as though it has been dropped. I would be worried about it effecting future warranty and repair and would return it for a refund.

Edit: Was this an Apple refurbished or an eBay "refurbished" ?

9. csurfr macrumors 68020

What they said ^^^ This thing looks very well used, not refurbished at all. Even the dent looks like there is still dirt and such in it. An Apple refurb looks new. Return that thing straight away.

10. SteveJUAE macrumors 68030

SteveJUAE

Not sure that dent is possible without also impacting the screen, this looks suspect to me and not an Apple refurb

11. FlushedNotRushed macrumors member

I just picked up my refurbished 2018 15" MBP (2.2 i7 / 16GB / 256GB / 555X) from Apple and it was literally spotless. I even took a flashlight to see if there were any type of scratches I couldn't see with natural light, but there wasn't. As others have asked, did you buy it from Apple or another retailer such as Best Buy / Ebay / Swappa? If that is from Apple, I would immediately return it and request a new one because I don't think Apple would let that slide.

12. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

That might have been "refurbished", but I'll reckon that the OP -DID NOT- "buy it from Apple"...

13. _Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

Return it.

Use Refurb-tracker or refurb.me to alert you to when your desired configuration becomes available on Apple's site.