I bought icloud locked iPhone 5... hardware solution?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by deorg, Dec 9, 2013.

1. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

before you all state that I did something unlawful, I got ripped off on craigslist, I bought an Iphone 5 with a busted screen and I just found out thats its stolen... YES IS IT STOLEN... Am I a bad person? I don't think so... I have done transactions here on Macrumors forum, and I live in south america, and never had a single complain, Im a decent man.
    I just spend my hard earn money, and I think I deserve a solution.

So here the question...

What if... BIG IF... I change the mainboard on my locked iphone 5... Will its still be Icloud locked ?
    Or it will be not icloud locked?

thanks a lot !

2. ssspinball macrumors 6502

Sorry and no ill-will meant but you accepted that risk when you decided to save money and buy a used and broken phone that could potentially be stolen and/or locked to an Apple ID.

Buyer beware and all that.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might work switching out the logic board but not 100%.
    Next time be more careful. I'd hate to spend more money on that phone only to find out its still locked.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

You can a saint and still get mugged. Welcome to the cruel world.

You walk on the unknown street, be a little more street-savvy.

5. alnvld macrumors newbie

common don't be rude guys! you didn't even answer the question.

So, of course you can get rid of the blacklisting by changing the motherboard since that only, is the iphone 5 and the rest of it are just components, but beware cause that's the most expensive part of the iphone - like more than half the price. and basicaly you will have another iphone brains