Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 11, 2010
Last time I asked a group of people this question I got some of the funniest answers ever. So what is the craziest, whackiest, most unusual, bizarre or amusing thing you have bought on eBay or had a seller ship to you even if you did not intend on that particular item?

I got a Robofan
robofan.jpg

And here is a Weird Al Music Video all about eBay!!!

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
A new and never used original Magnavox Laserdisc Player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Magnavox_Laserdisc_player.jpg

(No longer worked as the Helium Laser in those things actually didn't work when aged).

The lady who ran the resale shop was surprised I paid the $80 buy-it-now price.

She received it donated to the shop New In Sealed Box (OMG), opened up the box, threw away the packing/manuals, and used the box to store something else (and marked up the box with permanent marker).

I told her had she kept it in New-In-Box, she could've gotten at least $500 for it.

She didn't understand why people collected old electronics... she saw them as "junk".

Wow, one man's junk is another's treasure...

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
She didn't understand why people collected old electronics... she saw them as "junk".

Wow, one man's junk is another's treasure...

To me old electronics aren't junk if they're interesting or valuable, most old tech is one or both of the two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.