I bought the wrong size iPad, what's my best move at this point?


macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I blindly pre-ordered the new 16gb iPad, but after finally watching the keynote a few days later I decided I want the 32gb to future-proof it a little. With the new display, I'll probably want to put more photos on it and utilize iPhoto to some extent with my SLR.

1. Should I buy the 32gb online tonight before shipping gets pushed back past 3 weeks? Then return the 16gb that will be shipped tomorrow whenever I get the chance. I can definitely take an un-opened iPad shipped from the online store and return in at an apple store, right?

2. Or should I try and take my unopened 16gb into a store tomorrow to return it and see what they say?

I realize at this point that I'll have to wait a bit either way. It's my own fault, but I think I should take the time to correct it now before locking myself into something that I'll regret later.


macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
I would go wait in line and purchase a larger one. Returning the one that you ordered won't be a problem but there likely won't be any exchange units if you wait until you receive it to go to an Apple store.


macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
You should go to Walmart. The ones in my area only have about 4 people waiting, for stock of 15 or so at each store, and I am in central time so midnight is only 50 minutes away.


macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
In the same boat. I plan on going to the apple store at 4 am. I'll return my ordered unit after.