I bought the wrong size iPad, what's my best move at this point?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jmw5098, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jmw5098 macrumors newbie

I blindly pre-ordered the new 16gb iPad, but after finally watching the keynote a few days later I decided I want the 32gb to future-proof it a little. With the new display, I'll probably want to put more photos on it and utilize iPhoto to some extent with my SLR.

1. Should I buy the 32gb online tonight before shipping gets pushed back past 3 weeks? Then return the 16gb that will be shipped tomorrow whenever I get the chance. I can definitely take an un-opened iPad shipped from the online store and return in at an apple store, right?

2. Or should I try and take my unopened 16gb into a store tomorrow to return it and see what they say?

I realize at this point that I'll have to wait a bit either way. It's my own fault, but I think I should take the time to correct it now before locking myself into something that I'll regret later.

2. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I would go wait in line and purchase a larger one. Returning the one that you ordered won't be a problem but there likely won't be any exchange units if you wait until you receive it to go to an Apple store.

3. scriptlol macrumors member

You should go to Walmart. The ones in my area only have about 4 people waiting, for stock of 15 or so at each store, and I am in central time so midnight is only 50 minutes away.

4. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

In the same boat. I plan on going to the apple store at 4 am. I'll return my ordered unit after.

5. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Use it for a week and try to preorder before you return it.