Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scaramoosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
I’m seeing a lot of whining about the phone, why didn’t you try it in store before you bought it? A lot of the whining is based on it vs the 8plus... any review on YouTube answers those questions.

Now I’m seeing this trend (like the bending trend back with the 6), where people are complaining about colour shift on extreme viewing angles.... welcome to every screen ever. However now some website made an article about it, suddenly people think it’s a new issue. Like how many people bent their phones before the 6? Suddenly every phone has to pass some bend test now lol... gonna be the same with screens colour shift.

I think the phone is amazingly well built, it feels super premium, the Polished steel looks and feels amazing. The stereo speakers are great, the screen looks amazing, Bluetooth performance is top, the phone is lightning fast with its ultra fast internal storage.

It’s the first iPhone I cannot fault what so ever. I’m not even bothered about the notch at the top, to me it’s just a place to put the signal bar in... what I’ve always wanted, the ability to get rid of it, this effectively does that.

I don’t even care about the headphone jack since Bluetooth works so well on the phone. Funny because so many people slag it off for not having it, but like Micro Sd cards, I don’t know a single person who uses it, Bluetooth is just way more convenient.

I’m bored of the moaning, it’s a fantastic phone, the first one I have no complaints with.... other than some software quirks that will be fixed.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Love mine

Would I buy a better version? Sure but the smaller screen is fine and if I need to view things on a bigger screen that’s what my iPad is for

Reactions: MEJHarrison

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I’m slowly starting to like I️t. The more I use I️t I am getting used to the narrowness of I️t unlike my 7 Plus which I love. But I am liking the new features. Will keep trying I️t out for another week.

Reactions: Lindalang2011

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Sometimes you think you'll love something but when you actually have it in hand and have time to play around in it feelings change. 3 days later I'm actually feeling like I may end up returning it. At this point, I'm thinking that while the X is beautiful it's just not worth the extra $200 for some animal faces.
[doublepost=1509984328][/doublepost]
My biggest fear was the keyboard being smaller than my 8+. After a few minutes trying it out, it was a non-issue. The FaceID works so well you simply forget about it.
I had zero issues wit FaceID on day 1, yesterday I had a few hickups and have had a couple today had today too.

Reactions: Lindalang2011

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
Love my Silver iPhone X. the screen is just a marvel and the design just outdoes all the previous iPhone models.

The forums is just a sess pit of hate for anything new.

I can't wait to some of the apps i use like Youtube++ and Moviebox update to support the new screen size. Then I'll be in complete heaven. (And even better if a jailbreak is released)

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Sometimes you think you'll love something but when you actually have it in hand and have time to play around in it feelings change. 3 days later I'm actually feeling like I may end up returning it. At this point, I'm thinking that while the X is beautiful it's just not worth the extra $200 for some animal faces.
[doublepost=1509984328][/doublepost]
I had zero issues wit FaceID on day 1, yesterday I had a few hickups and have had a couple today had today too.

Mine has not missed yet. Even with my sunglasses.

scaramoosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Face ID works more than Touch ID for me, which always failed more often than not. It’s much more convinient in practise, but I just wished the second scan would be more reliable. Sometimes you pick it up funny and it miss scans, then it pops up the passcode enter.... let me have a few tries! But that’s been once or twice a day only.

Reactions: tkirk701

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
I received my X on release day, but it's at home and I'm away at work. I won't have my hands on it until Wednesday. I paid full price Canadian for this phone, that's over $1,500..
Honestly I should have stopped viewing these forums until after I had my phone in hand. All the whining and burn in worries are enough to give a guy all sorts of unneeded stress. The first reports were glowing, but now every post is just nothing but silly worrying about nothing.
So now I'm worried that the screen is burning in, or will have a green line, or become unresponsive. I'm worried that the battery won't charge to 100%. I'm worried that it is going to get burning hot, of that it will slide off my wireless charger.
Honestly folks, chill out and use your devices. Problem aren't problems until they become problems.. Stop looking for issues that don't exist

cj31016

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Denver, CO
I'm sticking with the X as well. I do love the device. The build quality is stunning. I'm not as enamored by FaceID as others. To me, it's slower. A lot slower than TouchID. However with that being said, it'll get better. This is version 1.0. Once the software kinks get worked out, and more apps update to support the notch, it'll just get better and better. Love the X.

scaramoosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
I received my X on release day, but it's at home and I'm away at work. I won't have my hands on it until Wednesday. I paid full price Canadian for this phone, that's over $1,500..
Honestly I should have stopped viewing these forums until after I had my phone in hand. All the whining and burn in worries are enough to give a guy all sorts of unneeded stress. The first reports were glowing, but now every post is just nothing but silly worrying about nothing.
So now I'm worried that the screen is burning in, or will have a green line, or become unresponsive. I'm worried that the battery won't charge to 100%. I'm worried that it is going to get burning hot, of that it will slide off my wireless charger.
Honestly folks, chill out and use your devices. Problem aren't problems until they become problems.. Stop looking for issues that don't exist
It’s not burn in, its image persistence and all oleds get it. Just don’t leave something on the screen for a few hours and you’re fine. Apple will have thought about it and I bet icons and everything move a few pixels constantly... you won’t even notice it.

I wouldn’t use pled on windows, but on your phone you won’t suffer from any burn in. Maybe some Android phones do with subpar panels or unoptimized software... Apple aren’t that stupid.

Also it’s a problem that has only gotten better, but only now Apple have an oled, suddenly its an issue...

Reactions: Jjayf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.