i bricked it :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by polishmacuser, Oct 11, 2007.

1. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i bricked my iphone through the updating an unlocked phone i hope those lawsuits win because im pissed i took it to apple and they rejected it they wrote something in there computers and im afraid now that its completly out of warranty and that im screwed :(:(:(:( and yes i know im stupid but please give me some encouragement or some help

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How many polish mac users does it take to brick an iPhone?

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

How after all the publicity could you attempt the upgrade? You deserve to lose your warranty just on that basis alone.

4. PDE macrumors 68020

Don't worry. There will be a way to unbrick it available soon and everything will be fine again.

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

those lawsuits are a load of ****

it's not apple's fault you voided your warranty by loading unauthorized software.. why should they have to cover it?

you knew the risks before you tried hacking it, and you ****ed it up. sucks to be you.

6. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

thanks guys lots of thanks lol well at least i have my other phone damn apple and at&t:mad:

7. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D LOLOLLLOLOL!!!

Apple told you not to unlock it. They told you if it was unlocked not to update it. You did so anyway. Too bad for you.

8. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

sorry 4 u! I have 2 unloked iphones and am very careful when I connect them to my computer. I even turn off the wifi before I connect to itunes. I wish the iphone would come to Canada. When/if it dose I will sell one of my unlocked iphones and buy a "apple supported" version. I just wish there was an option for us up here. I would gladly give up both my iphones for one "Canada approved" version.

9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

You think if Apple loses those lawsuits it will make your iPhone experience better?

I'm sorry.

10. D4F Guest

D4F

Hard to tell but usually one 'bright' American it's all you need.

11. mashoutposse macrumors 6502

An unbricking procedure has finally been developed. Don't worry about it.

12. kusanagi macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

how did you brick it? I thought I bricked mine last night but got it working! (typing this in the apparently bricked phone now)

13. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i unbricked it and now its working with anysim sweet it somehow downgrades the new baseband i tried it for kicks if it would work and it worked :):):) so im fine and free lol but some of the jokes you guys posted are funny thanks :)

14. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Are you saing that AnySim somehow downgraded your baseband? please explain.

15. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

Kick a fellow when he's already down. You guys are @$$-holes:mad:. I hope no one treats their family the way you'll have treated polish. Dude.. just hang in there. Unbricking is on it's way.

16. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Well, my family chooses to use punctuation, so I'm nice to them.

17. D4F Guest

D4F

What other languages you speak?

18. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

Glad you got it working again. Did you get the invalid sim error messge, what method did you use?

19. JoeJITSU macrumors member

I don't think anysim downgrades your baseband or I would be in a good mood. :mad:

20. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

How dare Apple refuse to support my iPhone after I installed 3rd party software on it!
    I'm so angry! :mad::mad:

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ellsworth, I just shot my dog for fun, but now I'm sad that he's dead. My friends all told me not to shoot him, but I knew better than to listen to them. Now they're all saying "told you so."

But you're not a jerk like my friends are. Please, tell me what I did was good and make me feel better!

22. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

You have a point... I'll give you that... I'm pretty sure he knows he messed up... The best we can do is give him positive advice instead of causing more frustration for the guy by bitch'in at him.

What's done is done. O.k. I'll stop defending him now :)

23. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

ok guys make sure you install anysim and install those files that were the hackers tell you to install them. then unlock and it should flash the baseband it worked for me i dont know how but it did maybe i was lucky. go to iphone dev wiki type in there search "downgrade baseband" first link then upload the files it tells you too except for the command prompts they didnt work for me ok then just use anysim to unlock and it should work. I have att so i dont know about tmobile working but it should work :)