I bring my iPad everywhere!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Akira1980, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

Since I got this thing, I noticed that I bring this thing around everywhere. Even when I go over to my friends house, I bring it so I can surf the web, check mail, etc. Is it just me? Am I weird?

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

You're definitely weird
    Just kidding. :p It is very addicting and very easy to carry, store, etc.

3. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Nah, I don't think that's weird at all. I am curious what kind of case you are using. In order to take it everywhere I'm assuming you would need a case or bag for it. A backpack or laptop case might be a little too large. I've heard people make fun of smaller bags by calling them murse,man purses.

4. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I dont bring mine everywhere but thats just because I dont want anything to happen to it.:p I did bring it to school twice. And each time people came up to me and said "wow is that an iPad?" "Can I just touch it?" Even my teachers wanted to look and play with it.

5. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

Are you addicated to the iPad itself or just the Internet in general?

6. LameLefty macrumors member

I have a 3G coming on Friday specifically for the purpose of bringing it everywhere. :)

7. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

I just have incase bag. (same ones as MBP bag but smaller.) It is small enough to just carry it with my hand like a book. And if I am going somewhere other than a house or coffee shop, I'll put them in my backpack or messanger bag. (or man purse as you say)

8. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i bring mine everywhere as well, and it is always tethered to my iphone. It has not been left at the house 1 time since i got it. I take it out of the house even when i just go out to eat.

9. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

Hmm, good question. Maybe I like the fact that I have access to entertainment with me all the time. And the fact that iPad is on all the time. In fact, I am posting this from the coffee shop while I am waiting for my friend to show up.

10. MisterL99 macrumors member

Ditto. so i can leave my Macbook Pro at home.

11. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Hmm.. what school is this? :p

12. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Yeah I know what you mean. I made (crocheted) matching cases for my iPad, iPhone and IPod Nano :D
    For the most part they travel together ;)
    Recently, I bought a handbag to carry all 3 in. It's shaped (and same size as) like the iPad with plenty of pockets for the iPhone, iPod nano and accessories.
    The color coordinates with the cases I made. LOL

13. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

I agree. I found the perfect carrying bag in the handbag department of Macys :D But I'm a lady . . . not sure what men do.

"I bring my iPad everywhere!
    Since I got this thing, I noticed that I bring this thing around everywhere. Even when I go over to my friends house, I bring it so I can surf the web, check mail, etc. Is it just me? Am I weird?"

Not weird at all!

14. wgary macrumors member

Maybe make a couple of throw pillows to go with that ensemble? You know, so you can position your gear all around you.

15. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Girl, what handbag was this exactly?? :)

16. 0blivion macrumors member

It's like my cell phone! It's only natural for me to pick it up and go! Sometimes, it feels really weird when it's not on me. :p

17. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Same for me :D

It just feels so natural to pick it up and use it. So intuitive.

18. M87 macrumors 65816

Exactly why I opted for the 3G. It'll stay home until OtterBox gets their cases out. What's taking them so long?

19. NateEssex macrumors 6502

Link please?

20. LadyMacBeth43 macrumors newbie

It's always with me at home. Twice I've ventured out without it and missed it.
    I have to carry a sizeable bag no matter what due to a medical condition and the fact that I have demon spawn , so the addition of the iPad to my gear isn't really an issue. It was easier when I kept it in a Domke protective wrap than when I got the inCase Convertible Book jacket, though.

On vacation, I did not carry it outside of the hotel (mostly because the bulk of our time was at JazzFest and I knew I would not want it, nor want the responsibility of keeping it safe. I never missed it then. First time since I got it, though.

21. JZ Wire macrumors regular

JZ Wire

Me too. I figured the iPad was made to be constantly connected to the net. Id also take it places like i do my iphone.
    School(college), trips, those looong family visits, and when I go get my weekly coffee at starbucks. But im most looking forward to not having to take my heavy laptop to school anymore.

22. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    My iPad goes with me everywhere, too. I wouldn't dream of leaving her home!
    It is so easy to just pop her into a case and then a bag and take her with me. Now this summer, when I am at the pool, unfortunately she'll have to stay at home because I don't want her frying in the hot sun nor inadvertently splashed by water. Not to mention that I wouldn't want to leave her sitting there vulnerable to theft while I am in the pool cooling off and swimming laps.....

23. elleana macrumors regular

Why do you need otterbox though? Do you plan on taking it to some rugged places?

24. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I think you meant "take" it with you everywhere. Sorry to be a grammar Nazi.

I intend to take mine with me everywhere. I have a Tom Bihn Rissetto ordered that should be here on the 4th. I will be in Man-Bag heaven.

Steve