Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akira1980

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2007
San Diego
Since I got this thing, I noticed that I bring this thing around everywhere. Even when I go over to my friends house, I bring it so I can surf the web, check mail, etc. Is it just me? Am I weird?

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
Since I got this thing, I noticed that I bring this thing around everywhere. Even when I go over to my friends house, I bring it so I can surf the web, check mail, etc. Is it just me? Am I weird?

You're definitely weird
Just kidding. :p It is very addicting and very easy to carry, store, etc.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007

Nah, I don't think that's weird at all. I am curious what kind of case you are using. In order to take it everywhere I'm assuming you would need a case or bag for it. A backpack or laptop case might be a little too large. I've heard people make fun of smaller bags by calling them murse,man purses.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
I dont bring mine everywhere but thats just because I dont want anything to happen to it.:p I did bring it to school twice. And each time people came up to me and said "wow is that an iPad?" "Can I just touch it?" Even my teachers wanted to look and play with it.

Akira1980

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2007
San Diego
Nah, I don't think that's weird at all. I am curious what kind of case you are using. In order to take it everywhere I'm assuming you would need a case or bag for it. A backpack or laptop case might be a little too large. I've heard people make fun of smaller bags by calling them murse,man purses.

I just have incase bag. (same ones as MBP bag but smaller.) It is small enough to just carry it with my hand like a book. And if I am going somewhere other than a house or coffee shop, I'll put them in my backpack or messanger bag. (or man purse as you say)

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
i bring mine everywhere as well, and it is always tethered to my iphone. It has not been left at the house 1 time since i got it. I take it out of the house even when i just go out to eat.

Akira1980

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2007
San Diego
Are you addicated to the iPad itself or just the Internet in general?

Hmm, good question. Maybe I like the fact that I have access to entertainment with me all the time. And the fact that iPad is on all the time. In fact, I am posting this from the coffee shop while I am waiting for my friend to show up.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
i bring mine everywhere as well, and it is always tethered to my iphone. It has not been left at the house 1 time since i got it. I take it out of the house even when i just go out to eat.

Yeah I know what you mean. I made (crocheted) matching cases for my iPad, iPhone and IPod Nano :D
For the most part they travel together ;)
Recently, I bought a handbag to carry all 3 in. It's shaped (and same size as) like the iPad with plenty of pockets for the iPhone, iPod nano and accessories.
The color coordinates with the cases I made. LOL

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

I agree. I found the perfect carrying bag in the handbag department of Macys :D But I'm a lady . . . not sure what men do.

"I bring my iPad everywhere!
Since I got this thing, I noticed that I bring this thing around everywhere. Even when I go over to my friends house, I bring it so I can surf the web, check mail, etc. Is it just me? Am I weird?"

Not weird at all!

wgary

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Yeah I know what you mean. I made (crocheted) matching cases for my iPad, iPhone and IPod Nano :D
For the most part they travel together ;)
Recently, I bought a handbag to carry all 3 in. It's shaped (and same size as) like the iPad with plenty of pockets for the iPhone, iPod nano and accessories.
The color coordinates with the cases I made. LOL

Maybe make a couple of throw pillows to go with that ensemble? You know, so you can position your gear all around you.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
AJsAWiz said:
I agree. I found the perfect carrying bag in the handbag department of Macys :D But I'm a lady . . . not sure what men do.

"I bring my iPad everywhere!
Since I got this thing, I noticed that I bring this thing around everywhere. Even when I go over to my friends house, I bring it so I can surf the web, check mail, etc. Is it just me? Am I weird?"

Not weird at all!

Girl, what handbag was this exactly?? :)

0blivion

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
It's like my cell phone! It's only natural for me to pick it up and go! Sometimes, it feels really weird when it's not on me. :p

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Exactly why I opted for the 3G. It'll stay home until OtterBox gets their cases out. What's taking them so long?

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
I just have incase bag. (same ones as MBP bag but smaller.) It is small enough to just carry it with my hand like a book. And if I am going somewhere other than a house or coffee shop, I'll put them in my backpack or messanger bag. (or man purse as you say)

Link please?

LadyMacBeth43

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
It's always with me at home. Twice I've ventured out without it and missed it.
I have to carry a sizeable bag no matter what due to a medical condition and the fact that I have demon spawn , so the addition of the iPad to my gear isn't really an issue. It was easier when I kept it in a Domke protective wrap than when I got the inCase Convertible Book jacket, though.

On vacation, I did not carry it outside of the hotel (mostly because the bulk of our time was at JazzFest and I knew I would not want it, nor want the responsibility of keeping it safe. I never missed it then. First time since I got it, though.

JZ Wire

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Miami, FL
Exactly why I opted for the 3G.

Me too. I figured the iPad was made to be constantly connected to the net. Id also take it places like i do my iphone.
School(college), trips, those looong family visits, and when I go get my weekly coffee at starbucks. But im most looking forward to not having to take my heavy laptop to school anymore.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
My iPad goes with me everywhere, too. I wouldn't dream of leaving her home!
It is so easy to just pop her into a case and then a bag and take her with me. Now this summer, when I am at the pool, unfortunately she'll have to stay at home because I don't want her frying in the hot sun nor inadvertently splashed by water. Not to mention that I wouldn't want to leave her sitting there vulnerable to theft while I am in the pool cooling off and swimming laps.....

elleana

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
Exactly why I opted for the 3G. It'll stay home until OtterBox gets their cases out. What's taking them so long?

Why do you need otterbox though? Do you plan on taking it to some rugged places?

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I think you meant "take" it with you everywhere. Sorry to be a grammar Nazi.

I intend to take mine with me everywhere. I have a Tom Bihn Rissetto ordered that should be here on the 4th. I will be in Man-Bag heaven.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.