I broke iChat's tabs. How do I get back full names?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by loudguitars, Jan 29, 2009.

1. loudguitars macrumors member

Here's a weird one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did this, but I'd really like to figure out how to undo it.

I somehow managed to get rid of everything in iChat's tabs except the icons. I now get a little new message count next to each icon insetad of the actual words of the message.

I'm running the most recent iChat (4.0.7 (616)), with Chax. I don't think it's Chax because it persists after uninstalling Chax as well as over a restart. I dug through menus for 20 minutes last night trying to figure out how to undo it but came up empty.

I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like to this post. Anybody got the faintest clue as how I managed to screw this up and how get things back to normal?

Attached Files:

2. loudguitars thread starter macrumors member

Well, I still don't know what the hell I did, but I trashed com.Apple.iChat.plist and while I had to go back and reset a bunch of other stuff, it did fix this problem. Hooray for the brute force fix.

3. AndrewLyle macrumors member

have you tried dragging the the three vertical bars to the right to reveal their names?

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy