I broke my MBP within 2 weeks...but

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joyus, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Joyus macrumors newbie

I think i have fixed it...

so the story goes....

I was happily playing away on Spore....decided to start a new game click on the new icon on the galaxy....the comp froze up...i left it for 15 mins to see if anything would happen...nope. So i switch it off...booted but up fine...so i click on the new game icon again...same thing froze. Only this time when i switch off the comp and reboot i get a blue screen. :eek: GUTTED...thinking of windows all over again. At this point im getting very annoyed.

So i put in the SL install cd....hold "C" button...boots up and i reinstall SL. Now im back running on it again with all my old files, applications, games etc...but my questions are these...

1. Have i reinstalled another OS on here...or simply patched it up? Is there a way of telling?

2. Also has anyone else had this trouble with Spore? Im scared to go on it again lol! :confused:

Thanks in advanced! :cool:

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

From Spore's support forums:

Snow Leopard/ATI crash:

Please note that there is a known compatibility issue with Mac users on Snow Leopard who have ATI graphics cards. This is not specific to Spore, and has affected players in a number of gaming communities. Apple is currently investigating a solution.

This crash can occur during Spore gameplay in any stage, but most often will manifest during the creature stage. Affected players should check back, as we’ll post an update if Apple addresses the compatibility issue here.

3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

I'm curious -- did you have 10.6.1 update installed? I heard Apple released some GPU updates in 10.6.1 though I don't know if it specifically covered your GPU.

4. Joyus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that...would explain why i had the gaming saving as bad data! :confused:

I think so, i did a software update check on the weekend...so would i of had that??

5. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Yeah, think so.

Reminds me a little of a co-worker. He used to be able to find the weirdest bugs within a few days of getting a machine or new software. I used to joke with him, saying something was really wrong if he didn't find a way to break it within 48 hours. :D

6. Joyus thread starter macrumors newbie

haha believe it or not...my manager sends me to meetings about new products to test cuz im the person who can find the faults lol.