I Can NOT Get Maverick To Download

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacM4ODA, Jan 19, 2014.

1. MacM4ODA macrumors regular

see above, my system is up to date with all the new software, when i click the DL button i get every thing but an upgrade, i post my apple ID and PW, i enter that info and i get an improper PW message, i reenter the info several times but still get nothing.

HOW DO YOU DO IT ?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

actually, right now i am more than confused.., irritated is more like it :eek:

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Have you just said that the password you enter is incorrect?
    :confused:

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Sounds like you need to go through the steps here to get your password reset.

4. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

the PW i enter is the one i typed in, but the system tells me that is an incorrect PW, i know it is correct, so i apply for a new PW i get it by Email i enter the new PW i was sent, AND.....! i get incorrect PW message, i retype it several times and each time i click upgrade i get the RED message that my PW is incorrect, i even get a "you need security up date" message, i have tried 5 times tonight with no results.

i am going to call :apple: tomorrow.

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You sure your keyboard is okay?

Have you tried typing your PW in plain text in to see if everything looks okay?

6. MacLC macrumors 6502

Do you mean that as in Maverick the guy good enough to "ride my wing any time" clown from Top Gun or as in Maverick the old west version of William Wallace?

Perhaps you meant Mavericks as in the OS named after Maverick(')s Beach. In that case, IF your PW is correct and IF your keyboard is correct and IF you have everything properly backed up, please try reinstalling your OS as it came with your computer.

I had a friend who had 2 nearly identical iMacs but could not upgrade one until erasing the HD, installing the system software (10.6.3) cleanly, then upping to 10.6.8 then doing the 10.9 install, then reinstalling all the apps. There were no incompatibilities so it was hard to say where the error was. However the clean install iMac was running 10.9 faster than the other, so he repeated the laborious process with the second and got the same improved performance.
    The trick though is that he had everything properly backed up.