Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cees106

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
If I want to open for example bittorent or pictureproject or photoshop it doesnt work. And photo booth skipe msn works as a charm. What is goeing on?? (I juse a macbookpro)

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
Try repairing permissions.

Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Select Hard Drive and then click on repair permissions.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Where did you get the apps? It has to be asked, but are they Mac versions of these apps? If you open a new user account in System Preferences, do they open from there? What changes have you recently made to this system? :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes i have run monlingual. Is that bad?

Yep...you probably broke Rosetta. They mention it in their FAQ, but they don't nearly do enough to keep people from doing this to their machines. (Heck, the default behavior of the program is to destroy Rosetta...you have to uncheck the options in the Architectures pane in order to not do this.)

The only recovery is to do an Archive and Install from your install disc.

bwanac

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2006
This is helpful!

is there a way to restore what monolingual did without a complete os reinstall.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
is there a way to restore what monolingual did without a complete os reinstall.

An Archive and Install should fix the problem...if everything goes well, it'll be as easy as pie. If you preserve all of your user data, it will import it all once the system is reinstalled and you should be ready to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.