I can not wait to get a Macbook pro but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Paulmartel, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Paulmartel macrumors newbie

..want to buy a macbook pro 15". i5 processor and i am worried they will release a new version soon. i also hear that there is an unusual amount of hard drive failures with these. can anyone give me some advice please?:D

2. Mac Composer macrumors member

My advise is, if you need it, buy it. You won't see an upgrade until spring. So, if you can wait 5 months, be my guest. I've had zero problems with my HD or any other part of my MBP. It's a fast workhorse.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

Oh really? (-.-) (Seriously hope they don't wait that long to update it.)

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

They'll update it when they'll update it.

Hard drive failures happen in any machine, a good backup is easy and fast and allows you not to worry about those.

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I wonder if Dell users worry about upgrades as much as mac users do?

6. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

It only seems like there's an unusual amount because people come here to post their problems about their mac; seldom do you see people come in here touting that their macbook's have worked FOREVER.

My GF has an iBook from way back when and it's still going strong! So take everything you read in here with a grain of salt, some of the problems are legitimate and some are user error, and some are just misconfigured settings. There will never be a product that is completely free from errors or defects from any company but Apple have a great track record of supporting their customers when it is necessary.

7. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

lol I bought the hp envy 14 when it first came out because I was worried about upgrades. now I want to get the mbp when a new one comes out. love my envy but newer is always nicer so it'll be going to my sister when I get the mbp :D

8. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

They don't.
    previous experience

Anyways, like others have said: If you need it, get it. I need a new portable laptop, so I'll be getting myself a 13 incher MPB.

When it comes to laptops, I find that things move much slower. The newest processor will get you 10%, maybe 20% speed bump. Not like iPhone 3G to 3GS. So, go for whatever you need.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The 15" MBP won't get a major upgrade for quite some time - The 13" will, but note the 15". Just get one now ;)

10. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow