i can open ssh but how do i find folders

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by scottd1975, Sep 8, 2008.

1. scottd1975 macrumors member

i cant find the folders within the winscp that shows my songs and movies... How do i find those folders once im logged in using my windows vista? i just want to make some sub folders within the movie and picture folders. please help me locate them in the tree..

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

music is here: /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control

not sure but I think video files are in the same folders as music

3. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

so then how do I add sub folders to separate the movies or photos?

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

photo's has it's own folder roughly in the same location, why would you need to seperate them anyway? Apple have put a file system inplace for the touch to read off, if you start organising stuff it's just gonna cause you problems...... besides how often do you even look at the files or let anyone see the files? it wouldn't matter they have folders in particular way as thats how the device reads the files.

if you look in the sub folders you will see the music is actually labeled in a weird way the names are no where close to being what the names where on your mac/pc. don't mess with the file system cause you will only just have to re-sync your music if you mess with it

5. scottd1975 thread starter macrumors member

6. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

Themes, Applications, rebooting other people's jailbroken ipods

And of course, feeling torn between upgrading to 2.1 and keeping the jailbreak

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'd say hold off 2.1, so far iTunes has let me download 2.1 for free lol all I did was sync and it said 2.1 is available so I clicked download only and it's gonna sit there till they release a new pwnage tool