I cannot believe I ever used this crappy RAZR phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thechidz, May 15, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I am stuck without an iPhone for the weekend and it reallyyyyyy make me appreciate how useful the iphone is. I text a lot and texting on a RAZR is LABORIOUS!!! plus having my ipod, phone, cal etc all together in an easy to use package... its pure genious, why didnt I think of the iphone... oh yeah, I did:p

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I never used any of the MMS functions on my RAZR, as a matter of fact, the only reason I gave the iPhone a chance is because I dropped my RAZR in the toilet. We have the family plan and unlimited texting, and I just cannot imagine how my wife uses her RAZR for texting, it would drive me absolutely bananas.

We can upgrade phones in December, and I've been hinting around that I would like a 3G iPhone and she could have my current one, but she's been looking at the other Windows Mobile phones, saying she wants an actual tactile keyboard. Yuck. :rolleyes:

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It wasn't such a bad phone back in the day -- about 3 years ago -- but now it's kind of like a generic phone. I got one for my mom because I had a good track record with a couple and knew they would work with iSync. If Apple ever came out with an iPhone that didn't require a data plan (what many of us call iPhone Nano), I'd get both of my parents on one as soon as I could.

4. Xjett macrumors member

Haha yeah I remember buying the RAZR when it was $300. That was a good phone back in the day indeed.

5. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

I bought mine for 200 cash back in summer '06:confused:

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

oh god i dont think i could ever go back to my black v3... going thru menu upon menu to do a small task which can be done with the tap of my finger\\

thanks but no thanks..

7. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Shoot I bought mine right after it first came out and it was almost $500!! :eek: And I'm still using it! I hate it so much, and as soon as the new iPhone comes out I will be buying it and retiring the old RAZR.

8. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

$500 for a RAZR??? OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... thats all i can say... and it was meant to be one of the thinnest phones then.

9. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I guess it all depends on where you are coming from. I had a Treo three years ago when my husband got a RAZR and I thought that it was horrible even then! Yes, it was thin, but the Treo already had SOOOO much more functionality and ease of use. I just about got hives when he tried to do things on the internet on that thing!

Of course, he upgraded to a Treo about the time that I upgraded to an iPhone. I'm already planning my coup in passing on my iPhone and getting the 3G! :p Thank goodness he's not as much into technology as I am!

10. Xjett macrumors member

Yep I switched to the Treo after I dropped my RAZR for the fourth time (it's takes four licks to get to the center of a RAZR). The Treo was really awesome. But I have always thought that they were better on CDMA carriers than GSM. The Sprint Treo was a million times better than the Cingular Treo, call me crazy I guess.

11. macwall macrumors 6502

I think the razr is too thin, which makes it difficult to use one handed. I always felt like it was going to fall out of my hand.

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I decided to upgrade from unlocked 1.0.2 to unlocked 1.1.2 at the time and was unsuccessful at first, which I had to use my old Windows Mobile Phone for a day.

That was fun.... :eek: