I cannot burn a BluRay movie on my Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Flocarino, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Flocarino macrumors regular

Flocarino

Everytime I try to burn a movie on a brand new BR disk, I get this message, even if the file is only 3GB: “Untitled BD” is too large to fit on the disc. Remove some files and try again.

What is it wrong? The Disk quality? or something else....

I use High Sierra on a Dual 3.46Ghz Mac Pro and burning from the finder.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

2. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

What format does the 3GB video file have? Maybe you can use MediaInfo to find out resolution, data rate and codecs used if QuickTime Player or VLC or Finder are no help.

You also marked this thread as resolved, maybe you should undo that in order to get more views.

And what size BD disc do you use? 25 or 50GB?

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Unless things have changed, if you are trying to make a BluRay disc to play in a BluRay player, you can't do it from Finder. You'll need something like Roxio Toast, with it's BluRay component, and an external BluRay burner drive.

4. Flocarino thread starter macrumors regular

Flocarino

I have just made it play with a TDK 25GB re-writtable 2X disk right now...and I burnt with Finder

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Made it play with what? A BluRay player, or on your Mac?

6. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Are you trying to burn a BluRay disk image to a blank BluRay disc in a drive capable of burning BluRay disks?

This may work sometimes, but if you are starting out with a video file, not a disk image, then you need an authoring type application like Toast to create the file structure needed for a typical player. Otherwise you are saving the data file to a the disk, like you are saving it on a hard drive, which is something a computer can read and play. I don't think there are players that can read a data file.