I cannot copy my music to my iPhone from my iMac.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jodeo, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Jodeo macrumors regular

Jodeo

Hello,

I'm running Yosemite and iTunes 12.2.25 on my Mac, and and iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4.1 and the newer Apple Music app, connected with a lightning cable. The phone is unlocked.

All I'm trying to is copy music from iTunes to my iPhone by dragging and dropping the songs onto my phone (in the left sidebar; it used to be over on the right but - "Hey, let's rewrite iTunes YET AGAIN..." happened).

I've tried this several times with no luck. I also tried dragging playlists over to the phone, but no luck. The music in question was created in Garage Band. In the last iTunes this was never a problem. For now, I just can get my music over.

This is nuts. Any help would be appreciated. (And yes, I'll go ahead now and update iTunes, though the current set-up SHOULD work...)

Thank you.

2. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Hard to know what is the problem but have you tried checking to see if the iphone is "authorized" on your computer and if not, then do it. If it is, then undo it, close the app, reopen the app and authorize again.

As for adding music, I use the check boxes on the right side of the screen, I see summary and under that is apps, music etc. I select music and the right screen gives me various groupings to check off (including playlists). I am unsure why you are not able to do this at this time or haven't tried it.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

OK, I have a 3GS with iOS6 so things may have changed with later iOS's. I've only ever synced songs from iTunes to my iPhone by connecting the iPhone and when it comes up in iTunes, selecting the Music pane and either choosing Sync All Music, or by(my choice) manually selecting which songs to sync.

Never heard of dragging and dropping.

4. Jodeo thread starter macrumors regular

Jodeo

I found the answer here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4573038?start=0&tstart=0

In short:
    1. My iPhone was full (gee thanks Photo Stream) so I had to make room.
    2. Once I did, I had to delete all the songs on my iPhone that had the broken circle icon before it (one at a time).
    3. After that, I was able to copy the playlist over. This time the songs went.

Whatever happened to "It Just Works" or even "Sorry, not enough room on your iPhone to copy these songs."?