I cannot decide! BSE or Invisishield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bootsie, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I want put one of these on my iPhone when I get it, but I cannot decide which one.

BSE is cheaper, but it has no warranty.

The thing that I am worried abut with the warranty is if I need to get my iPhone replaced or serviced I would need to remove the skin. Invisishield would replace the skin for free (under the warranty) but I would have to replace the BSE at my cost.

I also have experience with the BSE on my current phone discoloring.

I am also considering the possibility of BSE+ power support crystal film.

Please help me to make a decision, I want my iPhone protected as soon as I get it.

Thanks!

2. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

I just put the body guardz on my phone, with the power support anti-glare film. I love it. And it comes with 2 protectors, so if you have to take one off for some reason, you have an extra. I read a lot of reviews and the body guardz seemed to get the most recommendations. I really like the shine it gives the phone, the grip it adds and I feel it is pretty well protected. Hope this helps. :)

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I have had the IS for both a Touch and my iPhone. It's been decent. I did have a problem with them on the iPhone IS because I bought it from a vendor other than the company. I put it on and discovered that it had a defect. It had a line that ran the full length of the screen shield that fluoresced when the display was turned on and suddenly became a glowing red line on the display. The vendor refused to accept a return for replacement (contrary to their written policy). I went to Zagg about it and it took 2 weeks of emails back and forth before they sent a replacement. It was very frustrating.

Keep in mind that replacement shield really isn't free. You have to send it back at your expense and then pay them $3.95 to get the replacement. So, you'll have $4.37 in that free replacement. You'll still end up burning at least 2 weeks in the process.

So, you'll have to ask yourself if $7.99 for a single BSE is a better deal than an IS at $24.95 plus $4.37 for every time you replace it. It's going to take quite a few IS to break even. I doubt you'll ever replace that many or have your phone that long.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

:) You're smart in thinking of this in the first place. I'm on my 3rd iPhone and you betcha, after buying two BSE-- this time around? I got an IS. :eek: In fact, I'm so tired of applying these "stupid" things, I've got a Vaja case on it w/ no shield (the IS is still in its box). But eventually, I'll put the IS on.

*nod* I didn't expect it at all! But since one corner was peeling off, I finally decided to peel it off (the back/side portion) it came off a violet color! :eek: So who really knows... but yeah, from this point on out-- IS for me after two BSE.

BTW, what made it worth it for me was that the IS was being sold at shieldzone for 1/2 off. ;)

5. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

When/how did you get it for half off? I am lucky because the company is based in Utah so there are kiosks in all the malls so I can even get it installed by one of their people (though I do not know if I trust them). I still have to send it in for the warranty replacement though.

I have heard about the bodyguardz as well, but I haven't really heard much about them. I need to find out if this is a better option, do you know if they have any kind of warranty?

6. Skystar macrumors 6502

There is an invisible shield cart at my local shopping mall. I plan on going there today and having them install a set on my new 16gb iPhone, they told me it has a lifetime warranty and I can bring it to them for replacements. It would be much more convienient to just bring it to them, instead of working with them through the mail/internet. Plus they save me the trouble of installing it! :)

7. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

I like how these shields keep the iPhone visible, but I cannot see how it can protect you from accidental drops. I've already dropped mine 3 times. I'm as careful as can be, but these things just happens. I've gone through Belkin, Griffin and Agent 18 which all fall apart when dropped, but it did the job of preventing the iPhone from shattering the glass or denting the body. To each their own, but if you want real protection, these films will not do the job.

8. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if any of these skins would fit while the iPhone was in a vaja top case? Not the screen protectors, but the full body protection ones?

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Very doubtful. I only have the back portion of a vaja case, and w/ my shield off it is a v v v snug fit.

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have an IS for my iPod 5g, and love it. Bought one for the iPhone though, and didn't really like it, so I just go bare. Just looks tacky on the iPhone IMO

11. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

http://www.zagg.com/showspecial

12. erch63 macrumors member

IS rocks

I have the IS just installed it on my phone. I really like it. I am curious how the warranty replacements would be if I need to get a new iphone. Has anyone had any experience with that???

13. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I asked the guy in the kiosk at my local mall, and he said that you just have to remove it and send it to them and they will replace it. I don't know how reliable he is. I worried about that as well, some of the people here are on their 2nd or 3rd iphones.

But with the half price special I think that they are worth a try. I will be getting one as soon as I get my iPhone. (after SDK)

14. jeffwg1 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I went to my local IS kiosk and got mine replaced at no charge after replacing my 8gb iPhone with a 16gb. I just showed my receipt

15. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

1) You can buy 3 BSE's for the price of 1 IS.
    2) The warranty stipulation on the IS is that its' a defect in the IS product. Not that you turned your phone in for a problem and took the IS off. Technically you are cheating the manufacturer here.

16. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I think I can safely say that the vast majority of us don't have any Zagg/IS kiosks available to us.

17. McGiord, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Radtech

I use this one and it's perfect to cover the touch screen, no air bubbles since the first installation attempt, also I have wash it with wet paper towels, and alcohol wipes and it's still nice looking, the best screen protector I ever have.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/iPhone_ClearCal.aspx

I also use the Gelz and both work very nice together.
    ________
    iolite reviews

18. hidehide macrumors 6502

19. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Look around a bit. There have been plenty of people who have posted pictures on various forums since the iPhone came out showing their scratched screens. No, the iPhone screen is not scratch proof. The screen is made of glass and it is possible to scratch glass. Being glass, it simply makes it scratch resistant. Just remember the old addage... nothing is idiot proof to a properly motivated idiot.

20. DangerousAl macrumors newbie

Just stay away from IS, they get nasty and peel off. I just got my third replacement and decided not to install it. :mad:

21. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

I had a problem with removing mine too. (from another device). I found using a hairdryer helped. Made it a little easier anyway. Just don't over do it.

22. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

I just bought and applied a BSE and right now I could not be any happier. I had a slight problem with the adhesion, but I just emailed BSE and they are very supportive and helpful. Great product and company.