I cannot enable iCloud Keychain

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by m3rih, Jul 22, 2013.

1. m3rih macrumors newbie

Whenever I try to enable, an empty box appears and ta da, nothing happens. Then I quitted system preferences, tried again, something happened again and again. How can I overcome this situations.

Attached Files:

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Uhh Ohh.. Someone doesn't read the Release Notes!

[​IMG]

Not a big fan of non developers getting betas!

3. m3rih thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried a lot of times but every time the same thing has happened.

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Most people here aren't developers...

5. Kuwait macrumors member

Kuwait

working great for me and sync with my iPhone 5 iosbeta

6. m3rih thread starter macrumors newbie

This is making me crazy. I will give $1,000 who can enable keychain. :)

7. mikecwest, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

It's in here several times how to get it to work. I got mine to work by force quitting, then in each iCloud app, signing in manually.

A tip not mentioned, but may be your issue relates to .MAC and .ME email addresses. I had to manually edit a couple of .PLIST files to change my iCloud user name to be myemail@mac.com instead of myemail@icloud.com

8. m3rih thread starter macrumors newbie

I couldn't remember how many times I have tried. Are apple engineers kidding me? This bug has been around since dp2.

9. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Why do you even care, it's not like you're missing out on some huge feature.

10. 3282868 macrumors 603

Developer here, and I am well aware of this issue. It is prevalent on my Mac Pro and MacBook Air. The notes re: force quitting system preferences do not work. I reset NVRAM, etc. just in case (yes, I know, nothing to do with it, just something I regularly do). For some reason, even with the "blank" verification box, when using my MacBook Air and Mac Pro, suddenly keychain syncing is activated even with the "window". It's odd, reported it, acknowledged, yet it is more than simply force quitting system preferences.

----------

As beta testers and developers, we should care. Heck, I have open and acknowledged bugs from 10.8. Unless we push it, development may not realize it is as prevalent.

I'm more interested in [finally] having an iDisk replacement as it's been relatively obvious iCloud document syncing will extend beyond iWork, becoming a "Dropbox" contender. It's great to have features dropped from .Mac/MobileMe after the iCloud transition return (Keychain and Document syncing, wouldn't mind Dock and System Preferences syncing as well).

----------

That makes sense, I've done the same as I have multiple accounts and had to modify plists in order to establish proper integration.

11. heyadrian macrumors member

This is why I reinstalled after finding out that DP4 was buggier than Bob Marleys hair! I'm just waiting for Apple to get the dev portal back so I can download the next XCode DP to see if that's just as bad :-/

DP3's keychain works perfectly :p

----------

That reminds me, for some arb reason or another my @mac.com doesn't exist any more :-/ Apple won't help me out as it's 'no longer supported' :-/

12. 3282868 macrumors 603

GTFO! Seriously?! That's bull. Ugh. What's funny, I had a .mac account for years, during the MobileMe transition, somehow my account went Amanda Bynes on me. Tech support couldn't determine causality, I was forced to create a .me account. Yet a few months later, my .Mac account is working. Very odd.

13. activate macrumors regular

I have been having this issue for quite a while. The way I got around it was to enable it on my iPhone and setup the security code and the phone number through it. Then when I went to enable it on the mac, the blank sheet didn't appear and simply approved it after authenticating on the phone.

14. m3rih thread starter macrumors newbie

hey folks, I gave up and downgraded to ML. I am extremely happy now. :D

15. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

But ML doesn't even have iCloud Keychain...

16. m3rih thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know. I downloaded and installed mavericks just to try. As it is in development, it is really buggy of course. Fortunately, 1password is still out there :)

17. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

ARggh,

I had the keychain syncing, but I could not get the calendar to sync, so I disconnect the iCould. Now I have the Calendar, but not Keychain syncing.

It seems that I can not get BOTH to sync at the same time.

18. heyadrian macrumors member

You're lucky! I've complained about this a few times as I've pretty much used it for YEARS. The me.com iCloud.com etc... work fine... Despite sending apple (developer managers back in the US and in the EU zone) proof that I had a mac.com i.e. by sending them about 100 emails each dating back to whenever...

Oddly enough these 'managers' are mysteriously on leave for 'very very long spans of time'. What company lets a manager with any integral kick take 8 months leave? LOL

What annoys me even more is I had a load of info, files etc... on my iDrive which I bloody need back, which too, I apparently never had :-/ Despitr showing them screenshots I had which I posted to friends showing off the iDrive concept :-/