I cannot FINISH installing Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Pashka, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Pashka macrumors newbie

Well, I have been trying to install windows on my Santa-Rosa 2.4 MBP.

I partition the hard drive, 25 gb. Then, I go to format it, I select the Bootcamp partition and format it to FAT-32. It formats, and then installs. After it restarts, and it asks me to enter a disk... now here's the problem.

First, the disc I'm using:

[​IMG]

After it formats/installs the computer restarts and it comes to this screen:

[​IMG]

I click okay, and I continue

Now, this comes up
    [​IMG]

If I click okay, nothing happens, nothing at all.

The other options is this, but it still doesn't work:
    [​IMG]

If I click cancel, this is what happens
    [​IMG]

If I click okay, this comes up
    [​IMG]

Then, SOMETIMES, if I restart from after coming up with that window I come up with this window after I restart
    [​IMG]

Now, I have tried to reformat/re-partition/re-install NUMEROUS times. THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME!

Is there a solution to this? Is anyone else experiencing this? Can someone please help me out?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You need a SP2 disk. As far as I am aware the version you have is not XP SP2. I might be wrong but that would be my first guess.

3. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Yeah, you'll either need to slipstream Service Pack 2 into the installation files and reburn, or find/borrow/torrent a copy of the disc to use.

You must have Service Pack 2 or it will fail to install.

Thats the first version of XP Home - The gold master release.

4. hodgjy macrumors 6502

5. XianPalin macrumors 6502

You can also use a program called NLite to do it, it will copy the CD to your hard drive, apply SP2 for you (you have to point it to the .exe but it will give you download links)

You can also use it to customize your install, such as having it automatically enter your cd key, automatically create users, etc, stuff you do every time you install. Can also tweak settings like use Classic theme instead of the blue theme, etc. It's pretty handy and extremely easy to use. I just used it the other day to get XP-Sp2 ready for my new machine.

http://www.nliteos.com/

6. Pashka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

And thank you!

7. barijazz macrumors 6502

My advice to you... don't install windows on your mac, get VM ware :D

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

You still need an operating system to run in a virtual machine...it doesn't run Windows apps by itself. :rolleyes:

9. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Wow! What an awesome program. Thanks for the suggestion. I played around with it today and really like it. I rolled in several hotfixes into my SP2 disc that will make it much easier to install the next time I fiddle with my virtual machines.

10. XianPalin macrumors 6502

Yeah it's real handy. There's one called vlite for Vista too but I haven't messed with it.

It's real nice to have just installed Windows and not have to go through and change all sorts of little things to get it the way you want it, like showing hidden files, etc.