I cannot get certain Apps to Update. I get an error type message.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tom G., Sep 6, 2009.

1. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have 5 apps on my phone that say they need to be updated but when I go to do it I get a message that reads "Cannot connect to iTunes store" with a Dismiss key.

I get this even when I am connected to my computer with iTunes running, and I even went so far as to have the Apps Store running and get the same message.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to proceed?

2. celticpride678

Usually the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" error message means you are not connected to the cell network or Wi-Fi. Try this and report back. If nothing works, try a restore using iTunes.

3. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

Have you did a reboot? I have that problem if i hit update all apps, so i have to click update on every singal one and its a pain in the rear, also try power cycling you're router

4. Tom G. thread starter macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I am connected to wifi wirelessly and have also tried to connect through my iMac I get the same message.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I had the same problem last week. I deleted the application and redownloaded the newest version, problem went away.

6. Tom G. thread starter macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Thanks for the info, and I followed you suggestion, when I resynced I noted that the bar at the top of the iTunes page said it was updating the apps. However when it was done and I turned on the iPhone I had the same apps calling for an update with the same message when I tried to update them.

7. ti-deddi macrumors newbie

Same here - Count me in.

Hi Tom,

Did you solve this issue?
    I have the same problem as you. It's so frustrating.

I think my problem only appeared when I got Snow Leopard?