I cannot get my iPhone to turn on.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrNegotiator, Feb 3, 2010.

1. MrNegotiator macrumors newbie

I'll admit, I recently jailbroke my 3G iPhone but I kept the customization limited. All I acquired was a programming prompt, a game, video camera, and a background wallpaper. I also used the programming prompt to create a custom sms tone and replaced one of the existing ones.

Anyway, I received a notification from my phone yesterday that said "No SIM card installed." I never know what that means because it used to happen even before I jailbroke it. I would lose my 3G network access and to fix it, I would always reset my phone (hold down the home and lock buttons at the same time) and that seemed to fix it. After getting the No SIM notification, I figured it best to reset my phone. I did so, and the screen went blank and then showed the silver apple (start up screen) and all seemed normal. What wasn't normal was the fact that about 15 minutes after having done this, the phone was stuck on the start screen. I tried it again. Same result. Thinking it was a time issue, I reset it once more before going to bed thinking that eventually it would go back to normal. I was wrong. I woke up and while getting ready for work, I tried accessing my phone, but it was dead. I tried turning it on (holding the lock button) but it showed a dead battery screen. I plugged it into my computer and saw the charging sign on the phone. I decided to go to work thinking it was back to normal and just leave the phone charging. I got back and, wouldn't you guess, it was still frozen on the start up screen.

I've tried a few more times sense then and noticed a pattern: The start up time was regular and would eventually show the loading pinwheel loading (even with nothing wrong the start up takes a while) but after 2 or 3 rotations, freezes. after another 5 or so minutes, the screen goes black and tries again and fails again. It will respond to a hard reset and the power button, but I cannot get the phone to fully turn on.

My iPhone is currently turned off, and I would infinitely appreciate any advice or tips to get the phone back in working order.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

First try to reboot your phone.

If that doesn't work do this: Hold home and power buttons until the phone turns off. Open iTunes. Then plug in phone to USB and you may get a connection to restore.

Otherwise try to restore in DFU mode.

3. MrNegotiator thread starter macrumors newbie

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See my sig and click on the link.

5. MrNegotiator thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, my iphone is back to normal. thanks for that tip. i don't think i'll jailbreak it again. Thank you so much for your help. is there a way i can... give you some kind of recognition on the forum?

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your thanks is all the recognition needed. As far as answering your question, no, MR doesn't have that feature (like Apple Discussions).

7. karthikaeyan macrumors newbie

iphone help

WHEN I CONNECT TO ITUNES STORE, MY PHONE SHOWS A USB CONNECTOR POINTING TOWARDS AN ITUNES LOGO.I PUT MY USB INTO THE COM AND THEN A THING COMES OUT AND SAY (FOUND NEW HARDWARE APPLE MOBILE DEVICE-RECOVERY MODE.)IN THE BOX,IT ASKS ME TO PUT A DISC TO FIND OUT WAT'S THE PROBLEM. THERE'S ANOTHER OPTION SAYING (NO I DON'T HAVE A CD SHOW ME OTHER OPTIONS).I CLICKED AND THERE ARE TWO LINKS ONE SAYING CHECK FOR SOLUTION.underit it saysWINDOWS WILL CHECK TO SEE IF THERE ARE STEPS YOU CAN GET YOUR DEVICE WORKING.(ANOTHER LINK SHOWS BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE. underneath it it saya LOCATE AND INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE MANUALLY.I CLICKED ON BOTH OFF THEM BUT IT DID NOT WORK HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

[​IMG]

Two points:

1. Try typing in lower case - will make the loud voices in my head stop. :D
    2. Start your own thread - this way, you will get a better response to your problem.