Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silroc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Is this true, or do I just have a problem? I notice my ATT friends can send me pictures, but when my Verizon friends send me pics, nothing comes through but the text? Do I need to set something up special? Or is this reality?

silroc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
thank you for info -

dayum that sucks !

any suggestions to the master iphone 4 folks out here?

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
When I was on Verizon I would send my sister pics to her Iphone and she wouldn't receive them half the time either. I don't think it's your phone. It sucks. Not sure why that is. However, my girlfriend is on Verizon and I just received a pic from her. So who knows?

ksavage523

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2007
I have the same issue, my sister in-law who is n Verizon sent a pic message and it never comes through. I watched her send the pic message and I do not receive the message at all not just the picture. When she sends a text with no pic it comes through fine?

Anyone have any ideas?

spunkybart

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Verizon user doesn't receive MMS pictures from iPhone 4

I am having a similar issue.

I'm not sure if it is due to the iPhone 4 or iOS or if this is a Verizon issue.

On my 3GS, my sister could receive pictures via MMS from me. Not now on the iPhone 4 -- she gets a blank message if I send her an MMS picture.

Oddly enough -- I chose a picture I took with the 3GS and sent it to her from the iPhone 4 and she received it. But if I send one taken from the iPhone 4, then just a blank for her.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I am having a similar issue.

I'm not sure if it is due to the iPhone 4 or iOS or if this is a Verizon issue.

On my 3GS, my sister could receive pictures via MMS from me. Not now on the iPhone 4 -- she gets a blank message if I send her an MMS picture.

Oddly enough -- I chose a picture I took with the 3GS and sent it to her from the iPhone 4 and she received it. But if I send one taken from the iPhone 4, then just a blank for her.

Well perhaps you just solved the puzzle for us. I'd say the higher res pictures are not making it through the "gateway" so to speak. Not sure who is to blame, but I'd bet you a dollar that's the problem.

R2T

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
try sending a message along with the picture. That's what I have to do with my friends who has verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.