Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrunoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
3g iphone
16 gig with 7.4 gigs availible
version 2.2.1 (5h11)
carrier at&t3.1

So I have a wifi home network that works for everything but itunes and the app store apps on my iPhone, the message I get is "cannot connect to itunes store" on both the app store app and itunes. However I have recently discovered if I turn off my wifi on the phone I can use both apps on 3G. Everything else works over wifi on my phone, I have not had any problems with safari or any other apps, they all work fine.
I would love for itunes and the app store to work though. I have turned my phone off and on numerous times, reset it by holding the home key and on/off switch numerous times and have unplugged my wifi a couple times to try and reset it. My home wifi is a linksys with a password.
I would really apreciate any help!!

Is it a settings deal under wifi settings in the phone? Should I have it forget this network and re-do that long password in the wifi set up?:confused:

Sorry for being a computer tard. Thank you so much in advance. :D

RedGeminiPA

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Altoona, PA
3g iphone
16 gig with 7.4 gigs availible
version 2.2.1 (5h11)
carrier at&t3.1

So I have a wifi home network that works for everything but itunes and the app store apps on my iPhone, the message I get is "cannot connect to itunes store" on both the app store app and itunes. However I have recently discovered if I turn off my wifi on the phone I can use both apps on 3G. Everything else works over wifi on my phone, I have not had any problems with safari or any other apps, they all work fine.
I would love for itunes and the app store to work though. I have turned my phone off and on numerous times, reset it by holding the home key and on/off switch numerous times and have unplugged my wifi a couple times to try and reset it. My home wifi is a linksys with a password.
I would really apreciate any help!!

Is it a settings deal under wifi settings in the phone? Should I have it forget this network and re-do that long password in the wifi set up?:confused:

Sorry for being a computer tard. Thank you so much in advance. :D

I'm not sure what the problem could be. Sounds like something you may want to call Apple about (1-800-MY-APPLE).

I'm going to assume your iPhone is less than a year old. I would strongly suggest buying AppleCare for it (if you don't already have it) before the 1 year warranty expires. Not only does AppleCare extend your warranty to 2 years, it also gives you unlimited telephone support for that 2 year period as well. It could be $69 very well spent! Oh, and from experience ... pretty much everyone you talk to at Apple is an English speaking American :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.