I can't access my Phone (you need to read to believe)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Jan 15, 2014.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

I enter in my passcode all the time when im half drunk, asleep , etc. you name it i know this passcode like the back of my hand. Until today

My aunt had asked me to fix the scratchy audio on her ipad. Google said that she should reset her device, i thought hm my iphone is due for a reset too so i reset my iphone (this will come back to bite me in the ass later)

after her ipad restarts, it asks for a passcode and i vaguely remember her code so i try a variety of codes since shes on the phone and i dont want to wait for her to get off to test whether her ipad sound issue is fixed. wow success. her ipad sound now works and i remembered her passcode. score. right? wrong.

I then try to use my own iphone and to my astonishment i COMPLETELY forgot my own iphone passcode, for some reason i think it starts with a 88 but i could be confusing that with my debit card or something because i know my deb card starts with an 88.

Anyway since i restarted the phone i cant even access touch ID because it asks for me to enter in my passcode to enable it.

Is there any way for me to access my phone without restoring it from backup? the last time i backed up was months ago (Bad i know)

this is my phone. i have the serial number, i know the passcode to my apple id associated with the phone. my fingerprint matches the phone. the only thing is i completely forgot my 4 digit passcode its infuriating.

Please someone have a solution for me

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Not unless you can make it use touch ID again, I believe.

But if you have previously connected it to iTunes, iTunes may allow you to back up the phone without entering the passcode, and then restore it.

3. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

i have previously had it connected it to itunes, but it asked me to enter in the passcode. i noticed even when i fail the password it still appears to be backing up something or transfering apps or something its still doing something but i dont know if its actually backing up.

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Right click it and choose back up.

5. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

Heres what i did:

I plugged in my phone
    opened up itunes
    went to iphone summary and clicked on "back up now"

Upon doing so it says: "itunes could not backup the iphone because it is locked with a passcode" it then prompts me to enter in my passcode which i dont know

when you say "right click it and choose back up" what are you referring to? im unable to right click.

6. maliu macrumors 6502a

Without your pass code with iOS 7 you are SOL. I'd suggest connecting it to iTunes and keep trying pass codes that start with 88. It will let you try over and over. Without it it will lock you out. I went through this with my mother in laws iPad. It will not restore from backup without the right code.

7. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

did you unlock your mother in laws ipad?

8. I7guy macrumors G5

Eventually you will remember the pass code. Maybe try to play memory games on the computer and see if it helps.

9. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

10. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Then you are probably SOL, unless, as another poster said, you can keep entering passwords without getting locked out.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

This is like the 3rd or 4th thread today about getting around a passcode locked phone. Coincidence?

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I agree. I don't remember seeing that many threads before iOS 7.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

I don't know if there were simply even that many in a single day.

14. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Interesting. I just saw a story about iPhone thefts in NYC going through the roof. Sure are a lot of threads about people being forgetful lately as well.

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

16. 869639 macrumors 6502

I find it too many "creative" people come on the forum asking for ways to by-pass the iOS 7 activation lock. OP seems to know what he is doing....

If he really knows the password to the iCloud email associated with the phone, why not just restore the iPhone, enter the email and password and move on with life? Why waste soo much time asking questions?

Also OP states that the iPhone is his, If he has been syncing the iPhone with his computer then just because he forgot and restarted [not restored] the iPhone, and plugged it into the his computer...it will not ask for the Passcode and instead let him sync without issues. The computer only asks for passcode the very first time a iDevice is connected to a computer [this can be right after purchase or even after a restore to factory settings]

I'm sorry OP as much as I would like to have sympathy for you, I just can't seem to cook it up right now because this "trick" is old school now where people ask for ways out via forums.

Also I do understand your a long time member but at the same time we honestly don't know what you are up to/doing in your person life.

17. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

^^^THIS^^^

Will not be easy but give it a rest for a day or so and "maybe" you will remember. As far as getting around the passcode, there is no way with OS7 or all of it security would be worthless.

Lesson to be learned is to write or record your password down somewhere just in case we forget again.

Sorry for you loss but without your password, it is gone.:eek:

18. I7guy macrumors G5

I would help the op if I knew how. And if there is a security hole that the black/white hats don't already know about and we "smart" forum members stumble on, apple should fix it.

If there is a way around iOS security that apple ultimately fixes , I would like to see this site get credit that some hacker might of otherwise.

So I don't really care if the op is "telling the truth", I want to know if someone gets my phone can security be bypassed and how. If this is not discussed here, it will be discussed other places.

19. osx11 macrumors 6502a

Suspicious thread.

Why would you post two digits of your debit pin?
    Why would you suddenly not remember your code?
    Why would you remember half your code?
    Why should we not awesome this phone was acquired illegally?

20. 869639 macrumors 6502

Your reply is nothing but confusing...but here's my best reply to it:

Is there a way? Well some sites offer the iCloud password service where they can get you the password for that email account --- I have no idea how reliable the service is, just have seen it around the web, We don't offer it as we do not have any interest in helping those that obtain property with the wrong intentions.

Also what credit should I get as I never made any statement that would earn me any credit for any work....I simply called out OP regarding the statements he/she made.

Answer to your question about if someone gets your property, what they can do with it? Well with Activation Lock, we know that devices are secure against 99.9% of the people out there as only 1% are crazy enough spend time and money to get past the device's passcode lock/icloud activation lock.

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's a good point, but usually those OPs are unsatisfied with the simple answers/solutions (getting the password from the son, mental exercise to jog the memory, etc.) and want more for obvious reason.

22. I7guy macrumors G5

Actually I was responding to your being the moral police attitude in your post.

The ops problem is simple, he forgot the password. The question is: can this password be bypassed without losing anything by using any combination of one or more "tricks".

I would believe this is a question every iPhone owner would want to know for obvious reasons. My gut feel is no.

23. 869639 macrumors 6502

Simple answer to your question about bypassing the Passcode / Activation Lock = Not possible

As for my policing...I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that OP forgot his passcode....despite using it regularly on his iPhone....because honestly touch-ID doesn't work 100% of the time, there are multiple times in any given week since the introduction of Touch-ID in the iPhone where passcode use is needed.

24. I7guy macrumors G5

Right. So rather than being the moral police, state the answer: NO.

OP probably has posted on multiple forums. Whether OPs' intention is good or not is irrelevant. The question that begs to be answered is: can passcode lock be bypassed?

If that answer is yes, I would like to know about it. And as I said, not discussing it here, means discussing it somewhere else as it's every crooks dream to know the secret receipe.

25. cynics macrumors G3

I hate to admit but I've forgotten things like this before.

I was using the same padlock for my gym locker for 3 years, went at least 3 times a week.

Took a 2 week vacation. Came back, went to the gym and completely forgot the combo. For the life of me I couldn't understand why.

Never did remember it lol