i cant access the usb drive on bootcamp and windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vagos1103gr, Sep 5, 2015.

1. vagos1103gr macrumors regular

Hi, I have an rimac 27 and I installed with bootcamp windows 10 on my external tb ssd. When I try to run a program to my usb dribe named F:/ Ireceive an error that says ( Network error, Windows cannot access F:\win\Grid2\setup.exe, check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network....) the drive is hooked up on my usb of the imac. I cant transfer the filed from the usb to my drive, But I cannot open any file on that. Any help?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Is your USB drive really labeled "F:/" ?
    Try renaming the drive to something without symbols.
    The forward slash is OK, I think - but you cannot use a colon :)) in a drive label.

But, your Windows thinks that USB drive is a network drive - or your Grid 2 game is expecting to find the setup file on a network drive (I don't know how to help you with that specific game)
    But, Windows appears to see your USB drive as a network drive.
    Maybe you just need to change the drive mapping to a different letter (?) - probably in Disk Management..
    (another thing that I don't know how to do. You probably know more about that than I want to know)
    I don't know if Windows 10 even needs drive letters now.

Or, maybe the Grid2 needs to be installed on your Windows boot volume, and not try to run it from a flash drive.

3. vagos1103gr thread starter macrumors regular

this happened recently after i installed fusion 8 with windows 10. Before in bootcamp it was ok. Maybe because i have windows 10 on bootcamp on external ssd and windows 10 with fusion on the internal disc?