I can't answer calls on the watch!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Apollonian, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Or phone!

Whenever I get a call and attempt to accept it whether it be on the watch or phone it shows connected but the other device continues to ring and I never can actually pick up the call, if that makes sense. Anyone else experiencing this??

2. theinstructor macrumors regular

theinstructor

My phone rings and I click the answer button and it never answers even after hitting it over and over.

3. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Yeah, me too.

4. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

I have this same issue. Its like it locks up both the phone and the watch and I can't answer the call. Very annoying.

5. fox1401 macrumors regular

fox1401

Yes, it happens occasionally. I guess it is due to bluetooth/wifi signal being weak.

6. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

My frustration is that I have a Made for iPhone hearing aid and if I attempt to answer the call with the watch, the audio still routes through it even if I set call routing to be through "Headset" in the phone's Accessibility settings.

I cannot hear the call audio routed through the watch's speaker, and I'm sure that many people who use more conventional headsets will want to use those as well vs. the watch. I want to see an option to always use the headset's speaker (and mic if it has one, and the watch's mic if it doesn't, like my hearing aid) for call routing even if the watch is used to answer.

7. Apollonian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

The phone has been a meter away at most and I'm using it in exactly the same wifi locations in my home, I never had problems like this before the new watchOS and iOS. I don't think it has anything to do with Bluetooth or wifi signal weakness, it seems like a bug.

8. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I'm running Watch 0S2 and have 9.0.2 on my cellphone and haven't had any problems picking up calls on either my watch or iPhone. Getting messages as well on both and able to respond. Doesn't seem to make a difference if it's wi-fi or cellular, just working. I'm on AT&T for cellular and use wi-fi when at home.