Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
What's really sad is I'm sure no one at Apple was really trying to 'screw' you. <snip>

And the people that don't try and screw others over suffer.

Glad it worked out for you, though.

I think that the truth shines through each time, not all but ....

Most folks with at least half a brain can see when someone is being truthful.

Sometimes people who work in the public sector just have a bad day....or sometimes they're just ****s but generally most folks are ok and can see through lies

It pays to be honest and it pays to not give up , just like the OP..

If you know your right then keep at it and eventually it will be sorted

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Generally, sure. But no, you don't always win, though you may be right. Car accidents and fault can be a great example. Lying can get you pretty far, or in my case, can get the guy that hit me pretty far. That's just how it goes.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
How so,.. we are all one...if you go with that kind of philosophy, so even god doesn't win.

We all win we all lose, in the end it is even- Karma.

Well, it really doesn't matter what kind of philosophy you go with. What matters is if you philosophy lines up with the way the world actually is.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
For an optical drive, I would have done it myself. Also, take it to a third party Apple Certified Tech next time, they also have the authority to work on your Applecare machine and are not as sticky about obvious things like -- your computer was working even though it had water damage -- and are smart enough to notice that your optical drive had not been affected by water damage.

audioteknika

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
hehe..

Just went to the apple store yesterday in order to get a reparation quote so I can send it to VISA.

$240 for a COMBO drive... hahaha.. pathetic..
+ $80 for hardware repair ****LEVEL 1****

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.