I Can't Believe I'm Making One Of These Threads...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mystikal, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I just got back from my local ATT store and calling Apple TWICE, heres what I learned:

1) If you have a PREMIER account, and you're going to the Apple store to get your phone, you COULD BE turned down. The guy at the Apple store told me that since Apple cant touch the "ATT Business" information, an error could pop up and the phone WILL NOT be sold to you. You will not get a phone.

2) My ATT store (IRVINE, CA) will be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE (WTF, right?) However, this makes sense. Look here.

3) The lady at ATT told me to call Wednesday to see about how many phones they will get to make sure I can get one.

4) The guy at the Apple store told me what a RESERVATION is: "We have a phone here for you to pick up." Therefore, you reserve, you WILL HAVE A PHONE THURSDAY.

I was previously going to the apple store, but now will be going to ATT stupid early Wednesday night...

2. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

also if your an authorized user you can get your phone at apple only if your upgrading from an att phone. if your are switching carriers or opening another line you need the account holder.

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Also not true. People need to stop spreading these lies.

5. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

What's FUD ?

6. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Fear, uncertainty, doubt

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Is that Elmer FUD?

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

so are you calling apple liars? cause i called 3 times and they all said that. i would think apple would know better than a person an the internet no?

9. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

10. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

You are just a person on the Internet also.
    My local AT&T store says it's fine, as does business care, as does both of my local apple stores. So now we have a conundrum. No?

11. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

I've been on a business account with ATT for years and I ordered my 3G online last year, though Apple, and received it on release day without a problem.

12. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i said apple. nothing in my post did i say buying from att.

13. neal.young macrumors member

I think point 1 is accurate. I went to an Apple Store and they were unable to access the account data for business accounts, and the employee I asked to help me said that they needed the consent of the account holder to upgrade a user. Not sure if this is actually the case, but it's what the employee told me. I just went to the AT&T store and preordered for pickup there.

14. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Of course this would be the case. This, however, doesn't have anything to do with it being a Premier account. If you are not an account holder you cannot make any extensions to your contract.

15. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I have a buddy who plays the conundrum in a Celtic band.

16. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

So what exactly is this Premiere, or Business Care deal. I'm in that an on a family plan with two phones.

Originally, there was a discount on the account, which I heard you couldn't have with iPhones. When I went to upgrade from the original to the 3G at the Apple store way back when, they couldn't process then order order until i talked to ATT to have them remove this so-called discount.

I wonder if it's still on there and still causing trouble.

17. jap1198 macrumors 6502

ugh this sucks! I don't wanna go to ATT to get my phone. :mad:

18. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

As did I.

19. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

20. mb2008 macrumors regular

2 types of Premier, one is a real business account, with business phones that the business is responsible for paying on. The second type is a FAN account, where employees/students get a discount on their individual responsibility account.

I have two Premier lines, one for my business phone that the company pays for, one for my personal family plan. I have always been able to activate phones at Apple for the personal account. Apple does not want to deal with the true "business" Premier account.

21. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

Might be crazy but if have a "PREMIER" account... Why not just ship it to your house? Like I did.

22. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I couldnt. Through apple.com I wasnt allowed to choose anything because I had a premier account. I could only reserve at an Apple store. Plus, I cant get into my premier account. Makes things difficult.

Im not going to take any chances so im going to ATT. Also, this is what I get when I check eligibility:

[​IMG]

23. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

This seems like an account that your company pays and purchases your equipment for. This is a business account. You are at the mercy of the person who approves new handsets for you.

I have a premier account, but only for discounts. I'm responsible for paying the bills and purchasing my own handsets.

24. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Well, maybe you can help. My mom is the owner of the account. I dont understand why though, she isnt the one with the business. Even with her number and account info, I get that error. I dont know what to do...

EDIT: How did you go about preordering your phone?

25. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Well, if you are paying for your own phone anyway then you could always start a regular line on your own and get the 199 pricing. ATT will not be able to upgrade your phone either unless you are the person responsible for the business account or listed as a person authorized to make changes to the account.