I Can't Believe it Happened to me Again

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rocknblogger, Jan 22, 2012.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Back in October when I bought my first Sprint iPhone tech support suggested I do a restore because of poor battery performance. I did the restore and when the phone rebooted I got an error message saying that the SIM card was invalid and that only authorized SIM cards can be used. About 10 phone calls and 6 trips to Sprint and the Apple store (3 each) a week later I got a new phone.

Today I restored my phone because I was having an issue with the volume spontaneously maxing out without any input from me. While using an app I would see the volume window pop up and the indicator go to full volume. The only way to get it off the screen was to press the volume down button.

So. I restored and now my SIM is again "invalid". I can't believe it. My frustration level is through the roof right now!

2. kuato macrumors member

Were you using Siri? There's a bug that causes volume to go full blast after you use Siri.

As for your SIM woes, sorry to hear that. I would take it to Sprint or the Apple Store and not leave until its fixed.

3. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yeah I'm going to Sprint tomorrow. All I need is a new Sprint SIM. Since I went through a long song and dance the first time I'm sure the manager will remember and just do whatever he needs to do to get me out of there.

As for the volume issue, no I wasn't using Siri. It happened very randomly while I was doing all different things on my phone.