I can't believe they missed this one...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by h4lp m3, Jul 26, 2011.

1. h4lp m3, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

You can Airplay YouTube videos on my iPhone but not on a Mac... What's that about? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

AirPlay support isn't really built into Mac OS X yet. The only Apple product that has it is iTunes.

3. pawelthegreat macrumors member

pawelthegreat

That will be an awesome day when you can airplay from Mac's web video to :apple:TV.

However, when you're on your Mac, it seems so unlikely to want to watch it on your TV. iPhone: yea you would definitely want to AirPlay it!

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

The only thing that really annoys me about AirPlay (other than being completely restricted) is that it requires an apple tv! I have a Mac Mini in the living room. I paid $600 for it...and if I want to airplay my devices I have to buy a useless $100 hocky puck that only does up to 720p??? Hell no!

I got an app called Air Server, which lets me airplay to my mac mini...but it doesn't work all the time.

5. jman240 macrumors 6502a

and you sir will get great enjoyment out of AirPlayer
    http://ericasadun.com/ftp/AirPlay/

6. h4lp m3, Jul 26, 2011

h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Incorrect. iPod, iPhone & iPad have it.
    Try any YouTube or Quicktime video on an iOS device. Look for the icon.
    [​IMG]

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My statement it is meant to sound that the only Apple product in Mac OS X that has AirPlay support is iTunes. Apparently you don't read between the lines.

8. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

No it doesn't. Don't you guys know you can hook up a pair of powered speakers to an Airport Express? I have 3 rooms wired for Airplay. You can even select the volume for each room! It's the best thing since sliced bread! :eek:

[​IMG]

9. gentlefury macrumors 68030

ok so, for starters, im not talking about audio...im talking about video. Secondly, what's the difference between buying one useless peripheral or another....I have a mac mini! My point was, I should be able to do anything any other living room device can do.

10. h4lp m3, Jul 26, 2011

h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apparently you didn't either.

[​IMG]

im talking about Airplay. i want video too!
    That's not even a real question.

Most people here would think Airport is useful if not revolutionary. I can set up 3-room audio systems for under $600 and control it with an iPhone. 3 years ago, a Sonas system would cost you $5000.

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Why am I looking at a screenshot of the Tiger keynote?

12. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Ummmm, yes, airplay does video! If you have an apple tv or air server on a mac you can stream video from ios to the airplay device. I'm saying it should be native in Mac OS.

13. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

We're both saying the same thing- except I'm for Airplay as a whole (video and audio).

way off

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its closer to the Tiger keynote than the the current date. But it still has no relevancy to the discussion.

15. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

good comeback
    No THIS has no relevancy to the discussion:

16. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That was me voicing my opinion. The other part of that post had relevancy, which you seemed to have missed. But the post as a whole has more relevant content than a random image from a past keynote, a declaration about wanting video, and somewhat incorrect information about three year old wireless speaker systems.

17. h4lp m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stop. Drop. Roll.

No, that was you typing just to see the words on the screen. (My dog also likes to pee on trees) A most magnanimous talent none the less. Behold! Information completely relevant to the discussion, yet still signifying nothing. [​IMG]

What's worse is that I missed it the second time around when you told me to read between the lines... Yea, I actually stuck my nose to the screen and started looking for hidden text.

It's just you and me now... Everyone else here except you got the "random keynote" reference and has moved on and quite frankly, I've had about enough of your shenanigans myself. It was a joke. It was anything but random. It's a reference to when Steve said the iPhone runs OSX, but that went miles over your head because you're sooooo intent on creating a debate.

I bet people don't enjoy talking to you very much. I bet that's why you have 5000 posts on a message board, and why you're hellbent on proving your point- which really isn't a point at all- you're just frustrated at your own dyslexia. It's not my fault you said only iTunes had Airplay. Yet here you are telling me what's relevant and what's not simply because you can't stand being corrected... I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but YOU'RE irrelevant to this discussion.

Seriously, who am I to you? You don't know me from Adam- alas, here you stand before me- a sound designer and audio engineer with a M.S. in architectural acoustics- with the gall to say "somewhat incorrect " about audio installation that have paid me between $5,000 - $10,000. Hell, I've have ran 50,000 ft of TRS cables around the Staple's center and the best part about it is that it's completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Or is it? Because at this point, I'm starting to think that it IS relevant that you know a little bit about me, maybe then you'll stop making ironic statements about me writing things that you interpret as "completely irrelevant" that are in turn completely irrelevant to any discussion.

Maybe you can't see yourself. Maybe I can't see myself. Maybe you can't hear how you sound. Maybe I can't see how you should, maybe I won't. Maybe you won't- maybe you refuse to- I don't know why. I mean, I've got it narrowed down to 3 possibilities but there may come a time in your life when you alienated everyone you know and come face to face with yourself and all that is all completely irrelevant and some jerkoff tells you that "Everything is relative" -A.E. and it makes you question what it really means to relate? But that's just me voicing his opinion. Only YOU know the real truth Daniel-son. [​IMG]

Maybe we block out what we don't want to see by selectively interpreting the definition of words within the perceptive realm of comfort, but I do know one thing: Being 21 and always right is a lonely world. Much like owning a 64GB iPad 2 but having no one to Facetime, or anticipating an email from a forum to let you know that a human has responded. If this was a verbal conversation I would have destroyed you in 3 words like everyone else before you, but alas "Declaration of wanting video" has bestowed upon thee and I accept my inteweb defeat. I must admit my Lord, you contributed a wealth of completely relevant information to this discussion, as did I just now.

-Sent from your iPad

18. martam macrumors newbie

sorry If Im in the wrong forum but (Download Youtube vids)

wondering why the Command-Option-A no longer downloads the youtube vids, the activity window still opens, and I can click the Vid Link (the size is in MB) but then another window opens with the video, but not a download box ...it worked before...any ideas?

oh sorry, Running a Mid 2010 Imac 27" 2.93 gHz with 8GB RAM and OSX 10.7

thanks so much!!! love the forums ...they are awesome!

Mark
    martam2003@hotmail.com

19. FFW macrumors newbie

Try FastestTube.

20. Danielsan macrumors newbie

holly bunch of cry babies in here.

I'm also looking to stream form my Mac to airplay. I don't care about video that much... sound would suffice for me.

airflick works like ****. garbage.. totally useless.

I'd like my sound card to output to airplay. that can't be so hard can it ? it works beautifully on the iPhones... I'd love it to have this option for my macbook

21. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Did you even read what you were replying to? The quote was AirPlay isn't really a part of MAC OSX yet....its only in iTunes. They never said anything about iOS...

22. monaarts macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

"It's a reference to when Steve said the iPhone runs OSX, but that went miles over your head because you're sooooo intent on creating a debate."

The iPhone doesn't run OSX -it runs iOS.

23. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Except for the first couple of posts, this whole thread makes almost no sense.