I can't believe this...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

...10.5.2 was supposed to fix things but not introduce new errors, right?

It seems as if they take out the plug of one hole to plug it into the other one that makes the ship leak.

Now for some reason leopard automatically adjusts my brightness (yes i set all to my preferences and manual settings in brightness panel).

It seems to happen after waking up from sleep and after coming back from screen-saver mode.

anyone else with this issue?

2. evan g macrumors regular

I haven't had this issue (yet), but I have had some other issues with Leopard when I first updated it. I had (and still sometimes do have) problems like the shift button acting as a caps lock, the internet crashing every so often for no reason, specific applications would freeze every single time, and even the ever-so-annoying clicking left click only to get right click every single time :mad:.

I've been told to back-up my hard drive and reinstall Leopard, but I think I'll wait for the next OS version to come out and see what happens. So I suppose you could reinstall Leopard again.

3. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

unbelievable. it's just still happening. i don't know what it is.

it keeps lowering my brightness by itself gradually over time. i was just adjusting the brightness 20 min's ago to full and now (20mins later) i crank it up again because it went down 3 notches.

Anyone else have this problem ever since updated to 10.5.2?

4. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh man, i just found the reason.

For some reason 10.5.2 checked the box "Automaticly adjust brightness as ambient light changes" without my permission.

Bad kitty, bad!

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I found something similar, 10.5.2 un-ticked the tick box, so my MBP would stay on full blast even in a pitch-black room.