I cant boot back into Mac Os X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by farqueue, Aug 29, 2007.

1. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue

Hey guys, i was having a lan party for 3 days and i set my macbook to Boot on windows.

Recently, i cannot boot back into Mac OS X despite pressing the option button really fast and many times. Whats wrong???

When i press the start button, the chime sounds and it stays at the grey screen about 2 mins, then to a black windows screen with a

"NTLDR is missing, press ctrl alt + delete to restart"

***, i seriously hate windows.

How can i recover my mac partition? and boot back into it?

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Start from the install disc and then go to 'System Preferences' | 'Startup Disk' and change it to MacHD.

3. vandlism macrumors 6502

did you try holding down the option button from startup instead of continuously punching it?

4. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Same thing happened to me when installing windows. Should be easy to rectify.

If holding down the option (ALT) key does not work do what eluk suggests. Insert the OS X install disk and reboot holding down the letter C (to boot from CD/DVD). Once its booted the cd choose UTILITIES from the apple menu and then STARTUP DISK. Choose your OS X Hard drive and restart the computer.

5. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

With the lastest verion of bootcamp there is an Icon in the system tray right click on it there is an option to boot into OS X. Try that too.