I can't click Safari links with my touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by grovertdog, Sep 21, 2007.

1. grovertdog macrumors regular

:mad:OK, as inane as this may sound- I can't "click" links on ANY webpages. I can resize fine, move around, view multiple pages no problem. My bookmarks all seem to function as expected BUT I can't click ANYTHING!

Doubtless I am missing something basic here... Any ideas? Otherwise, the only way I can navigate is via bookmarks...

2. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

idk man thats weird, you could try holding down the home and hold button to restart it, if that doesnt work you could try a restore

3. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

Really!! i went to the apple store the other day and was playing around with a touch. I had the same problem...it did everything but i couldn't click (or i guess i mean touch) on links. i thought it was that i didn't know how to use it correctly so i thought nothing of it. But i guess it did have a problem.

4. grovertdog thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!

You are FAR more powerful than a mere 68040- RESET did the trick!!! Yea, I can navigate!!!!

Thanks!

5. drnycallstar19 macrumors member

lol i guess the one in the apple store needed i nice reset too.

6. caMi macrumors regular

7. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

quick question...

how do you press "enter" in safari with the keyboard?? i cant figure it out. haha

8. grovertdog thread starter macrumors regular

...Speaking of fat, why not try a larger font for your "trailer"?

9. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

There should be a blue "Go" (or "Search", depending on what kind of text field you're in) in the lower right of the keyboard.

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Thank you :D glad it helped.

11. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

I had the same problem and I just opened a new web page, (click the little button that shows two squares), the new page worked fine and I closed the old one. Haven't had a problem since.

12. tm1000 macrumors member

it's a safari bug. You can also start a new page and then close the non working one. it works the same way

13. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

i turned mine off and back on

that fixed the issue.

not sure why it happened.

14. theraider macrumors newbie

This has happened to me a couple times, i think it happens when you view something like Gmail with Java (i think). You have to restart the ipod touch to fix this.

15. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Just a little bug. When you're not using your iPod Touch power it off completely (so hold down the sleep button then drag the red slider) and that will clear the RAM and will help with things like that. Will not completely fix it but will help until Apple do a firmware update anyway.

16. mrmumford08 macrumors newbie

Re:

Press and hold the button on top of your Ipod until a slide will come up asking you to power down your device. After the device has shut down press the top button again until the apple appears on the screen and the problem should be resolved

17. nba1341 macrumors regular

same problem safari is a piece of crap right now