I cant connect to my router with my MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CisternaChyli, Feb 7, 2010.

1. CisternaChyli macrumors member

I have a MBP (2007 model) and i recently setup a home network. The router is a Belkin N Wireless router. My laptop is the main computer in my home. Now my Ipod Touch and my cell phone work just fine with my router; i.e they connect and i can surf the net and stuff, but my laptop will not get on the net once i disconnect the ethernet cable from it. It will connect to the network, but nothing after that. How can i solve this problem?? :confused:

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

First make sure you're connected to the airport, than go to your Network Setting in System Perf, look at Airport and either take a screenshot or write down the info you see. Go to Advanced and tell us the information in TCP/IP and DNS tabs, you can ignore the rest of the tabs.

3. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

I agree with what @MikhailT said and will add one more tip.

Go to System Preferences > Network > Airport > Advanced >TCP/IP and verify that "Using DHCP" is selected (see screencap below). It sounds like you may have inadvertently put a static IP in.

[​IMG]

4. CisternaChyli thread starter macrumors member

ive selected "Using DHCP"...everything looks ok and it doesnt seem like ive put in a Static IP..., here is what my computer is displaying:

[​IMG]

5. CisternaChyli thread starter macrumors member

bump...any help guys? The problem is still there :(