I Cant Customize My Wallpaper!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yiannos9, Jan 2, 2009.

1. yiannos9 macrumors member

Sep 5, 2008
    I have a 2G 2.2 iphone and my problem is that i cannot customize my wallpaper and my lockscreen.
    i dont know the reason.
    everytime i try to change it although there is a message ''wallpaper ok'' the wallpaper doesnt change.
    i also tried to download from cydia some wallpapers and again the same situation.

do you have any idea how i can solve this problem???
  2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2007
    On my iPhone
    So your jailbroken. Do you have Winterboard?
  3. uiop. macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I had this problem on my old iPhone when it was jailbroken. I had to SSH into it because one of the themes was overriding the default wallpaper.
  4. Fusionaccord macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2009
    I have the same problem too. My 2G iphone was jailbrokened and I had changed the wallpaper. Then I decided to keep it 'stock' with all the apps and the hassle when there's a new OS update. But my wallpaper is stuck and I cannot change it. Is there a way to go change it w/o jailbreaking it again? I just preordered the 3Gs and I don't want that wallpaper on the new phone.
  5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Mar 18, 2008
    Bracknell UK
    You need to be jailbroken, so you can browse the phone, find the file lockbackground.jpg, and delete it.