I cant decide if I want a Black or White MacBook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhaserFuzz, Feb 18, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

There's no difference between the two besides color right? Then why is it that Black is $200 more??? What do you guys prefer? I like the look of the black, but white is more unique. This is a hard decision :mad:

2. Dorv macrumors regular

I had thought that there was another difference... Like 40 gigs of HDD space??

Other than that, you're paying for the color. Most have said its pretty superficial, but I ended up paying for the look. The white ones just look "cheap" to me. Call it preference, but it was worth it to me (Especially considering I took advantage of 18 months no interest from Best Buy last week)

3. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

The extra $200 gets you the black color as well as 40GB more hard drive space.

4. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

really it's just the color, since you can upgrade the HD on the white one to 160GB and it's still $125 less.

for me there was no question, white was the only way to go. i hate black and silver electronics and avoid them at every opportunity. all my furniture and everything is white, black would look horrible against it.

and white just says "mac" :)

5. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I was never fond of the white MacBook, and am even less fond of it now since Apple has slowly been killing off almost everything white in its lineup. I feel the MacBook will go that direction soon.

I personally would go with the Black, but my girlfriend hates the look of the black and personally bought a white one... its all personal preference.

6. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

7. razyorv macrumors member

Just go with your personal preference. I personally like black, so I went with black. Don't let the $125 make the decision for you.

8. bbeers macrumors regular

bbeers

it is all personal, but for me when I bring a laptop to a client sight, the White macbook makes me feel and I believe look, like a student or consumer. That might just be because for the lonest time consumer macs where white (or brightly colored), while pro macs were silver. But regardless I feel more professional with a sliver computer or at least black one. But that may just be me.

9. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

there's nothing quite like a black apple...
    i vote black.

10. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

On the other hand, if you can't decide, why pay the extra $125 for color? Put it towards maxing out the memory.

11. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

I really want a MacBook. I'm fine with the lower model, but I want to expand the memory to at least 2GB... I wish they'd make a black/white option for all MacBooks :(

12. iTone macrumors member

iTone

I just got the white high end model and i love it. The white is iconic and just soo gorgeous. The black is so blah looking to me, and plus it gets finger prints easily.

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I think I still prefer the look of the white MB. But having experienced discoloration (before Apple replaced the case), and just feeling annoyed at the way the plastic naturally seems to slightly change color...

If I were to buy a new MB tomorrow? I'd get a BB. (Though I'd be paranoid about the black paint chipping/ flaking off.)

14. gothamm macrumors 6502a

It never ceases to amaze me how apple can delude people into paying premiums for such minimal things. You are essentially paying $200 for a black coating. Sorry blackbook owners, but there is no way you can justify your purchase. Sure there are the minimal excuses, but bottom line is that the blackbook is a rip off and a slap in the face of the most basic form of logic.

people who buy blackbooks, and people who buy apple RAM...i just don't know what to tell ya :rolleyes:

15. YuriVoorhak macrumors regular

As a chain-smoker that has taken a beating reselling his previously white (later "rotten tooth yellow") mac laptops, I have to take issue with this. :p

16. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

you guys have some really, really weird hangups.

17. DrSteven macrumors newbie

i had a blackbook. it shows fingerprints but you don't need to worry about getting scratches everywhere.

if you don't care about scratches, get the cheaper white one.

18. agojes macrumors member

I was wondering which color will display scratches easily? Black MacBook or White MacBook?
    How about the oily look of the keyboard? or the touchpad?
    Maybe the keyboard is not so much obvious since it's easy to cover it with silicone cover, but the touchpad usually display something a bit oily? Which color of MacBook will display it vividly?