I can't empty my trash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Qussai, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Qussai macrumors newbie

I have macbook air MAC OS X V 10.5.5 , i can't empty my trash there are alot of files that i can not empty it.

i try some softwares such as TRASH IT but still have the same problem, i used the command rm in the termina still the same problem, i tried to hold option and empty the trash but still the same problem !

a week ago i restored my macbook and in that time i can empty the trash , but now suddenly the problem comes again

any help Plz ?

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

It's kinda slow, but have you tried 'Secure Empty Trash' under the Finder menu item, right beneath the normal 'Empty Trash' menu?

3. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

What type of files and are they, and are they the same ones that caused the problem before?

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I has to be a way. I think I had this happen a while back.

5. kusikanki macrumors newbie

hi everyone, I had the same problem and I kinda found the answer here http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7963298
    now my problem, is that i tried maybe too many things, and now when i move something tho the trash, the item is not only deleted but it doesn't appear in the bin anymore! so if anyone can help me undo what i did (which i can't tell) i would appreciate it!