I can't even begin to explain this one..

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iapplelove, Jan 13, 2015.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Just got home from work..took my iPhone out of my pocket and powered on my MBP. Grabbed my iPad air and started checking emails. Then I opened safari on the iPad and at that time I heard some faint music playing...

Didn't think anything of it thought maybe it was from the tv or Mac that was just on in the background. A few seconds later I realzied it was coming from the iPad.. Song I never heard or didn't own and I couldn't find why or how it was playing. I closed everything running in the background the damn song was still playing through the speakers lol.

The music (faint but still coming throught the speakers) wouldn't and couldn't shut off until I powered the iPad off. It's been quiet since and I can't really explain exactly what just happened haha. Weird :apple:

2. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I've heard of people picking up radio signals via the metal dental work in their teeth.

4. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

lol it did sound like a radio signal something faint but I don't have dental work

5. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

take cover:D. i think you should be fine

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Was it the U2 album playing? Had something similar happen.

7. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Whatever you do, stay calm and don't turn around right now...

8. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

I know you mentioned you closed everything, but I've had Safari play music or audio from videos even after closing the website tab.

Once I double click the home button and 'swipe up' the actual Safari application to FULLY close it, then it stops playing.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Put on your tin foil hat

Attached Files:

10. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

It's ok really

Attached Files:

11. Jayson A macrumors 68000

Sometimes I can hear faint music from my Bose speakers on my desk. They tend to pick up radio waves. I can't usually understand what they're saying, but it's definitely coming out of the speakers.

12. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I'd throw that crap out and Buy Other Sound Equipment if I were you! ;) :p

13. Jayson A macrumors 68000

Nice one! I actually prefer Bose to other brands. In my opinion, they're not overpriced because they sound premium to me.

A guy once said to me "they don't actually sound good, they just trick your ears into thinking they sound good." Really? They trick my ears? Well, in that case, I like my ears being tricked because I enjoy the way they sound. Hah.

I only have Companion 2's and a Bose Mini Soundlink. Edit: I also have AE2 headphones. I don't buy the really really expensive Bose systems, but for what I have, they sound great.

14. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

the soundlink mini are really awesome speakers.

its when you get to the high end that the Bose offerings start to pale in comparison to competitors.

15. Jayson A macrumors 68000

Ah, I see. I love my Soundlink Mini ;-)

16. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

I had this happen to some speakers, when I would touch the cord. I figure my body was acting as a radio antenna. It was fairly audible, and I think it was an AM radio station.

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Itunes will start playing the radio if you don't have anything else to play. I only have audible and a podcast app on my phone but if I hit play on my bluetooth headset and I was not playing a book iTunes radio will start playing. i would check that. I never listen to iTunes radio on my phone but t is the only thing that it can play I guess.

18. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Definitely the new U2 album playing in the background. It's a new Easter egg in all iDevices.

19. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Somewhat off topic, but that happens to me sometimes. I try to mirror my iPad to my MacBook in class (using the air server app), the AirPlay connection drops, and my podcast starts playing through control centre.

20. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

lol ok I can understand it sounds a bit whacked out but I still couldn't explain exactly where the music was playing from. Like I said all my apps were closed and I couldn't even lower it with the volume buttons. Has only happened that one time :p

Maybe ITunes radio acting up? Although ITunes wasn't running

21. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

Bug?

I've had something similar happen. I was watching a video through the Paper app. I stopped the video but the sound kept coming. I returned to the home screen and the sound kept coming. I killed the app and the sound kept coming. I'm guessing there is some weird "caching" bug that keeps playing sound that is cached.

22. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Don't worry, it's just U2 breaking into your house and playing a concert.

23. Jayson A macrumors 68000

Your device was picking up radio signals. It's normal and it can happen just like my speakers were picking up radio signals even though they were not hooked to an antenna or a radio.

24. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I have never ever heard of an iOS device picking up radio waves?? Not saying it can't happen just has yet to happen to anyone I know. How is it possible for an iPhone to pick up radio waves just curious? It definitly sounded like background music from radio waves but I just assumed it couldn't be.