I can't figure out what this is...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by evilinsanity, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. evilinsanity macrumors member

    May 3, 2005
    I am wondering if anyone knows what the device to the right in the screencap is. It's been bugging me for a while. It makes a weird scratching noise (like when you fast forward a cassette when it is playing) when you move your finger across it.

    Thanks. :)

    Attached Files:

  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3


    Aug 30, 2003
    It looks like one of those Korg pads.

    Edit: Like this one.
  3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus


    Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    iMeowbot nailed it, it's a Korg Chaospad, a DJ MIDI controller of sorts.
  4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000


    Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i've got one of the original Kaoss pads and it's pretty cool. It does quite a few effects including delays, reverbs, sampling and filtering....all mapped out over an X-Y grid thats controlled by touch. It really is a playable instrument unto itself.

    I use it as both a turntable pre-amp and as an effect send on my mixer.
  5. evilinsanity thread starter macrumors member

    May 3, 2005
    Thanks a lot for the info. I'm thinking about getting one.
  6. quigleybc macrumors 68030


    Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

    That is the infamous Chaos Pad from Korg..It's had a few different looks, and used to be available built in to a dj mixer from Newmark I think...I used to have one, and I left it out at a party, and someone friggin sat on it....done.:(

    It's kind of gimicky to be honest..but, if you got loot $$ to burn, give it a go..it's fun to use for sure....

Share This Page