I can't find much detailed info about release date

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mildredop, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Mildredop macrumors 68020

I've read both 10th April and 16th April, but nothing that says exactly what those dates mean.

Will it be like the watch - available to see in store on the 10th but can't order til the 16th? Order 10th but no delivery til 16th?

Or are 10th and 16th not even the right dates?

Can anyone point to any info about when I'll actually have a MacBook in my hands?

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

It's April 10th. And April 10th only. We'll be able to purchase online from the 10th, and I'm assuming it will be in stores that day as well.

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

apple store upper west side nyc says 'april 10th'. everyone says 'april 10th'. so am assuming....april 10th.. :D

4. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I think Apple is trying to create a media spectacle for April 10. I don't think the Macbook will be all that insane of a launch, and I think the Apple Watch is blown out of proportion, but by launching the Macbook on April 10, and launching Apple Watch "try outs" and pre-orders in store on April 10 the same day, it'll make the stores seem unusually busy.

Good marketing move for Apple, but I long for the days when the emphasis was on the customer experience. To not offer pre-order, home delivery on a laptop release, it's just going to cause annoyed\piss'd off customers. I want nothing to do with the stores filled with people wanting to try on a Watch. The Watch has zero appeal to me, and now if I want the Macbook on launch day it seems I'm going to have to go in and mingle with that demographic.

I can't think of a time when Apple has announced a laptop a month in advance, then required purchasers to go in and buy it in the store. I've bought brand new Macbook Pros, Macbook Air, iMac, and when they've announced it, they've always been available immediately for ordering, even if they didn't ship until a later date. If they're shipping them to the store to be for sale on April 10, there's no reason they can't ship those orders to homes for those who want them on April 10 as well.... aside from creating a sense of hype in the stores.

I'm annoyed... Not looking forward to dealing with the crowds on the 10th. :-(

6. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

Maybe there won't be a crowd for the watch after all. Who knows...

7. newellj macrumors 601

Hey, so where are you? If you're in the Boston area, we could be the Dynamic Duo against the watch gang. :D

----------

Not sure. At a minimum, I bet there's a lot of curiosity and gawkers.