I can't find my picture files in Finder

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I want to see where the files actually are when looking for them in Finder. They are there in iPhoto and when I search for them in Spotlight it will find them however the directory string says they are in

Mike/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/Oct 4, 2007/IMG_4203.jpg

My problem is that "IPhoto Library" is not an expandable directory. Where should I look for my Photos??

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
Assuming you're now using Leopard ctrl + click on iPhoto Library -> "show package contents"

Comment

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Assuming you're now using Leopard ctrl + click on iPhoto Library -> "show package contents"
Yes, this "show package contents" seems to be it. I thought it would be an expandable directory where you wouldn't have to right click and all. Your method worked out. Thanks!

Comment

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Stay out of the finder!!!! Apple changed this structure to a package on purpose to keep users from mucking about in the finder and corrupting their photos! Doing anything to photos in there is a sure way to corrupt or lose photos! Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app itself. Export and drag-n-drop are your friends!

Comment