I can't find this answer anywhere...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikemanblah, Jul 3, 2010.

1. mikemanblah macrumors regular

How much is the microcell? I have a 2 line plan thats like 130 a month. I can't find this answer on at&t. Thank you

2. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

150 bucks out the door. Mail in 100 (?) dollar rebate if you subscribe to monthly 20 dollar plan. If you are an the microcell with that plan you and 9 others have unlimited minutes. ( only while on microcell. Only AT&T. )

I bought the unit outright and we just use our minutes.

3. mikemanblah thread starter macrumors regular

So its a 2 year contract and i have to pay 20 bucks a month if i want it for 50?

4. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I think the numbers are right, or very close. That's why a just spent the 150. I never come close to going over minutes. And didn't want another contract. But I guess you could cancel home service and save money there. Plus it's for 10 phones so of you have a chatty teen it also might be worth the contract.

It's not a perfect device. I am 90% happy with it but o am keeping it.

5. mikemanblah thread starter macrumors regular

6. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Internet access needed - pretty easy
    Power neede -pretty easy
    NEED be near window for the GPS to get location. - Not always easy.
    Sorta big. Maybe the size of a Wii - Sits Upright

I usually get a call failed message every time I call someone. It's instantly failed and not a big deal, I just press DIAL again. Kinda annoying.

Expensive