i cant get apps from itunes to my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brumgal, Dec 25, 2008.

1. brumgal macrumors newbie

hi guys, i had an ipod touch for christmas and downloaded 5 new apps to put on. when i plug my touch in via the usb cable everything uploads (so far music, photos and a movie) except my apps. is there something else i need to download or is it my itunes. i have downloaded the latest itunes(which took nearly an hour due to the internet connection) and have also had a pop up about the latest ipod touch software that mentions something about being able to download apps, but this costs £6 and i dont want to download it if i dont have to. does anyone have any ideas?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Is the back flat or rounded? If it's flat, you need to buy the 2.x Software Upgrade for £6.

3. brumgal thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Never mind the back or corners, does it have volume control switches on the side or not? If not, you have to buy the software upgrade.

5. Walt DI macrumors member

Click on you iTouch on iTunes where it shows where iTunes sees your iTouch, clock on "Applications" and click the apps you want and then click sync, that should help

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Well let me return what you said to me. Never mind the "volume control switches" on the side. Pointless post. I said the same thing, you just replaced the words "flat or curved back" with "volume control switches" which is not even correct grammar. Volume rocker is much better.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, it appeared that the OP was having trouble telling whether his ipod's back was flat or curved, so I thought it might be easier for him to tell whether it had a volume switch or not. So no, not the same thing, two different ways to tell a first gen and second gen apart, one of which seemed to me to be easier than the other.

8. iPodtouchhelpme macrumors newbie

Vpn???

I am also trying to download the new 2.0 version but I have to know a VPN or something??? Where do I find this??? In another forum a person suggested contacting my system administrator but Verizon sucks and I got in contact with some guy in India and he couldn't help me with what I asked...I understand it is the "Virtual Private Network" or whatever and I know that I have one because we have Windows XP...so basically I want to know if I can find this somewhere on my computer or do I have to contact my Indian friend again???

Thanks