I can't get videos or mp3's on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by manic98, Oct 5, 2010.

1. manic98 macrumors newbie

I tried everything. I just want to put some mp3's and a few video's on. The mp3's seem to sync, but I just can't find them on the iPhone.

Video's are in mp4 format, but when I try to sync I get all kinds of error messages.
    -An error occured while writing to this device
    -The required disk cannot be found

I'm totally new to iTunes as well, but this is starting to get frustrating.

I just got to futher point with the mp4 videos, but after it's syncing, it gets all the way through, and then says the file is corrupt?? It's not it plays fine on the hard drive.

Am I just being stupid here??? I haven't even been messing with the video. I have 3 mp3's of songs I've recorded. I bring up iTunes, they are in my library, after I connect my iPhone I can sync it, and the mp3's show up under the device>music, and everything is checked, and everything sync's fine. When I click on the iPod feature of the phone it says No Content???????????

I've also tried it with the Manually Manage Music and Video checked and unchecked. Each time it sync's fine, but nothing on the phone??

WTF am I doing wrong?????????????????????

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

if the files play fine on your Computer, I think there's an issue with the Phone.

Give apple a call/go to the Genius bar and see what they can do.

I assume the phone is brand spanking new?

3. manic98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it's new, and I'm ready to smash the F'n thing!

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Well that's not going to help anyone.

But feel free to 'smash' it. Though I doubt the Apple Store will be as inclined to help you...

5. manic98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry that's just my frusteration seeping through. I won't really smash it!:)

6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

If you have access to another iPhone cord, you could try that too.

But if you don't, don't go forking out money to buy one, either call Apple up, or make a Genius appoitnment and see if they will help you. If there is an issue, they'll probably just give you a refurbished (read: new casing, but fixed up internals) iPhone.

7. manic98 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have an iPod nano, so I'll try that cord. Never had any issues with that though. It's not online either.

Is there phone support any good? Or will I be on hold for 2+hrs.?

Also, if I have to get a new one, do I have to get a refurbished one? Can't I get a brand new one???

8. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

No it will be refurbished, but they are better because they are subject to better QC and it's just the internals which are 're used' the case is completely new.

And the phone support is quite good actually, about 20 mins or so? If that....

But trust me, refurbished is good, i have one, and it's better than a new one in many respect! And there no germs either...it's a new casing, so all the 'external' bits are new.

9. manic98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'll give the phone # a call tonight, but the closest store is over an hour away so that'll have to wait until a weekend if they can't help over the phone.

Somebody on a different board told me to reset everything on the phone using iTunes. I may give that a shot before I call as well.

10. aquaben1988 macrumors newbie

aquaben1988

Ok few things,

Video can be corrupted and play in any case as is with every type of file.
    Also might be a stupid question but i am presuming you are sybcing throught Itunes and not Media player or another program?

Also have you tried saving your files under a different type, aka .avi, .wmv etc etc and see if that helps.

I have used there service throught phone they are usualy great at it, ive never been on hold more then 15 minutes so i can say they are good.

another thing you can try is upload what you are trying to transfer to your phone on your itunes store account, then access the store throught your phone and upload it that way, might work.

Anyways just a few tricks i usualy try.

hope it helps

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Going to the genius bar is your best bet. It's possible you're missing a step and you're too frustrated to see it. Bring your computer with you and show them how you're syncing your music and video through itunes.