I can't help it. It's the thrill of the hunt!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DizzyV6P, Mar 12, 2012.

1. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

Am I the only one?

I don't REALLY need an iPad 3(that's what I'm gonna still call it). But there's something about getting the latest and greatest gadget.

Actually, that's not even it. It's the thrill of the HUNT!

From the first Sony Playstation, Sega Genesis, Wii, PS2, PS3, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPad, iPad2, etc...its the hunt that gets me going.

Do I need it? Of course not. Are the digital movies going to really look that much better on a 9.7" screen? Probably not. Dora the Explorer is still not in HD and neither are any the digital copies of my Disney movies :D

Star Trek, Transformers 3, Fast and the Furious, etc...none are in HD digital format so why does it matter?

It's the HUNT! It's all about the HUNT....

How many others on here feel the same way? :apple:

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

3. medelman macrumors newbie

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Wabbits!

5. vanboi macrumors newbie

If you can afford em. For many others, myself included, we dont have the luxury of buying everything we want, so I have to find a practical use for anything that I buy.

6. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Movies on a 4:3 screen is such a bad idea, especially one that small. I mean it's great on flights, but that's about it. No way I am going to watch movies on a little screen when I have a beautiful 55 inch TV that I can use.

Oh and I suppose the modern family that loves watching different things it's pretty cool too.

Still, as a lover of cinema, it's a travesty to watch it on these kind of devices.

Related quote, it's old and not specific to the iPad, but it still stands:

7. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

You don't really get a proper "hunt" these days. The big corporations are too smart to let there be a huge shortage. I remember console launches of the 90's, it was near enough impossible to source one out for weeks. I suppose we didn't have the internet then either. It was fun, but annoying at the same time.
    If I didn't have my iPad coming to me on friday, I would still feel slightly confident that I could track one down on friday.

8. Snesley Wipes macrumors regular

9. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I suspect it's self indulgent adolescent boys trying to have a pissing contest. Best ignored and move along quickly. Grandad

10. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I forgot to even mention all the past hunts for Xmas presents for kids on that "must have" item for that year.

Just a little self-mockery for everyone posting whether there is going to be any iPad3's to be found hours after its released. :rolleyes:

@boy-better-know: Hunts are tougher for me these days with a day job than those carefree college days where one could camp for days on end w/o worried about being fired.... But I guess that just makes it more of a challenge.

11. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

"The Hunt" is ridiculous when you can just pre-order. If you were vigilant on Wednesday, you could have had your order in DAYS ahead of when pre-order quantities sold out. You'd then be one of the million or so people who go to have their iPads first. Isn't that enough winning for you?

I don't get the line camping, the driving around to 10 stores a day to get that day's shipment, etc. It's a waste of time, money, and energy.

12. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I'm happier with bird-in-hand (aka preorder) this year. Last year there was no preorder offered, and I admit to stalking out the BestBuy at 10am on launch day (there was no line yet) and then returning at 1pm to be 4th or 5th in line. :)

The chase itself is kinda fun though - but I'm definitely happier knowing my delivery is secure on Friday and I can spend that time working from home instead of using a vacation day.

13. scupking macrumors 6502a

Hahah one ping and one ping only.....

14. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

"It's the HUNT! It's all about the HUNT"....​

Please do a YouTube movie of this so called hunt. We all need a good laugh at you running around hunting... :p

15. SuperRob macrumors regular

... shield and magic helmet.

16. mac jones macrumors 68040

17. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I am so cheap I only rent SD on my iPad 2 which is perfect for flights. If I want to watch a proper movie I have a home theater for that!

I am waiting to see an iPad 3. I skipped the first and have the 2. I think I'll continue my new iPhone every year plan and skip every other iPad.

18. Anlino macrumors member

Of course I don't need it! I really didn't need the iPad 2 either, but I use it all the time.

I'm going to buy a 1080p Pixar movie just to put the iPad 3 through its paces, but that'll probably be the only time.

19. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I wouldn't recommend pissing on your iPad unless you bought the Applecare +.

20. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

yup i love the hunt too. Got the Iphone 4, upgraded to the iphone 4S, had the ipad 1, then sold got the ipad 2, sold that and preordered the 3rd ipad. Its all good and fun technology to me. If you cant do it, dont complain just get your paper up.