I cant imaging going back to a "regular cell phone"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joshua8o8, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

I dont know about you guys but i cant imagine going back to a cell phone with a keypad and does not have a touchscreen. I even feel bad for people who use my iphone and have to look at their nextel or tmobile phone for example when they are done with mine. I usually warn people before they use my phone "are you sure you want to try it, because your not going to like your phone after your done." Haha. I love my iphone, know its not perfect but still it beats any phone i have had by a long shot. And things are only going to get better for the iphone, so im pretty happy i made the decision to be an early iphone adopter. How does everyone else feel on this subject?

2. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco

Amen to that. This thing is the perfect marriage of form and function.... Crazy to think it'll only get better!

3. Joshua8o8 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

I had to use a "loaner" phone when I went to Japan. Even though the cell phones in Japan are far better than in the States, I still missed the iPhone.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I have to say i agree with you all. When i go from my iphone to a friends phone i even try and pinch the screen, just to see if it works. I find myself even doing that in magazines now. That's how you know technology is really moving foward.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I'm sure that everyone who spends 500-600 dollars on a mobile phone feels the same way. Dont get me wrong, I love iPhones, but its just too damn expensive. (written on a perfectly good EnV that costs 99 dollars) :)

7. Joshua8o8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel for you brother!

8. YoungCreative macrumors member

YoungCreative

Not more expensive

Sorry, but you may be spending more for your Env.

I looked at the "$99" EnV with Verizon until I did the math.

Verizon voice/data=$79
    iPhone (at&t)=$59

Add up the extra $20/month you are spending for 24 months and add in the $99 for the "cheaper" EnV. What do you get? $579. Do you realize that the 8GB iPhone is actually only $20 more than the EnV over 2 years? And the 4GB iPhone is LESS than the EnV!

Now how cool is that EnV?

I am so glad I got my iPhone, not to mention my AT&T service is better/stronger signal than Verizon.

9. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

It's amazing how that gets overlooked. I still remember Steve Ballmer very foolishly calling the iPhone the most expensive phone in the world back in January. Of course he conveniently didn't mention that getting a voice/data plan for his beloved Moto Q costs $20 per month more than it does for the iPhone, so the Q really isn't any cheaper at all than the iPhone is in the end.

10. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

To be fair, it was going to be expensive. I remember many on this forum, including myself, were getting upset at AT&T because we all thought the data plans were going to be well over $40-50/month on top of the voice plan. All together it was going to be over $100 just for the iPhone. And I was under the impression that the data plan was going to be limited like 20-30 MB or so.

Luckily it turned out to be only $20 extra (Unlimited data) on top of my Family Share plan.

And yes, I can't imagine going back to my old SLVR, RAZR, or any of those other phones I owned before.

:apple: :D

11. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Well, to be truly fair, neither Apple nor AT&T ever said anything of the sort. It was merely wild (and quite false) speculation by analysts and others that it was going to cost $40-50 per month for the data plan, or that the data would not be unlimited.

12. Luke J macrumors newbie

Luke J

so how much will my bill be if im on a family plan and right now it only cost 9.99 a month

13. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Totally agreed! :)

Even with its FEW minor shortcomings, the iPhone is so many leaps and bounds above the other phones out there I can't imagine using anything but the iPhone now. I'm gonna love and use this thing until I upgrade to revision 2 whenever that may be.

I don't worship Steve, but boy am I grateful for this device. Can you honestly say you've been this happy with spending $600 on something? I know I can't. I'm using the hell out of it and loving every second.

14. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

We have 5 phones. 2 iPhones, 2 RAZRs, and 1 Nokia.

We pay around $160, but of course we all pitch in. I pay around $80 (Primary number is my iPhone), my brother with the other iPhone pays $30 ($10 + $20 data plan), one of the RAZRs is $10, the other is $20 (added texting to it for my other brother), and the Nokia is $10.

So in your case, I think your bill may increase by $20 or so. Just make sure to check with an AT&T Representative.

15. Joshua8o8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea your right, everything else i spent $600 on lost my interest over time, for example, my x-box 360, when i first got it the thing was awesome, i used it all the time. Now i only play one game, madden, and thats only a few times a month. I think whats so great about the iphone is that its pretty much a nessesity, ( as it is a cell phone ) just a very fancy cell phone.

16. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I have to agree with you here. Same thing with my Xbox 360, I lost interest in it after the Halo 3 beta. :(

17. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

well I have been using my iPhone for about eight hours and can only say one word "wow"

18. Halsey12 macrumors regular

My girlfriend and I smile everytime we use ours. Just touching them is a treat. It just works!

19. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Man I could do so much with that statement with so little editing...

20. Joshua8o8 thread starter macrumors 6502

im sorry Halsey12, but please do share your creative editing skills Sobe...

21. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

actually I kind of like it just the way it is...I wouldn't change a thing!

22. Joshua8o8 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, yea i read it again and it is pretty funny

23. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAA!!

24. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

You make some good points... but the problem is that they are simply not true. The main flaw in your logic is that I'm not paying for a data plan. I'm paying ten dollars a month for 500 text messages, and unlimited mobile web (the browser I'm using now). Sure, I could get a data plan, but since this phone does not need one, I don't have to. Also, when calculating how much it costs for me to have service for two years (with the data plan that I do not have), you forgot to mention the cost of the iPhone on top of the plan that comes with it. So yes, I am happy to be saving money.

25. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

agree. can't imagine going back to a regular phone at all. i never used the supposed full potential of my last one cause it either cost more to use the features or/and doing that was just so painful. this works beautifully. love.