I can't install Civ IV because I have no disk space...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rbi88, May 10, 2008.

1. rbi88 macrumors newbie

And no matter how much crap I delete, it still says I need at least 1 MB to run it. I am so frustrated!!! I just got the game today and I was really looking forward to playing it, and now this? Somebody please help me out! I have 7.41 GB of free space on my computer, or so it tells me. What do I do?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

At least 1 MB sounds like it's talking about RAM, not disk space.... ?
    How much memory do you have installed?
    What machine do you have?

3. rbi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a black MacBook. I got it two summers ago. As for how much memory I have installed, well, I honestly couldn't tell you (sorry, I'm not too computer savvy). HOw would I check that? If you tell me how to check it I can get on that and let you know asap.

4. rbi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. rbi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. rbi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

i moved the Civ IV icon onto my desktop from the disk like the Read Me told me to, and then when I click on the icon, it tells me there is an XML error. anyone know what this means?:confused

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not sure what is wrong here, the game only calls for 3.5GB of free HDD space and a minimum of 512MB of RAM. The specs on the back of my version of Civ IV do not state that the GMA 950 is a supported video chipset, but I would imagine that you could still install the game on a MacBook just fine... :eek:

Does anyone with a MacBook have this game running on their system? :)

8. rbi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, it has let me install it, I believe. At least I think it has. I moved the icon onto my desktop, but when I click on it, that XML Error I mentioned before pops up. Does anyone know what this means?

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Your MacBook has less than 1 GB RAM available to the program, because about 64 MB of that 1 GB RAM is used for the integrated video.

Did you install the application from the CD into your Applications folder on your hard drive?

What happens if you open your Applications folder and open the Civ (whatever) folder. Do you see an icon of the program and can you click on it?