I can't install Garageband MBP early 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lichi0323, Dec 21, 2011.

1. lichi0323 macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm having an issue trying to install Garageband and iPhoto on my early 2011 MBP. I bought this computer open box at Best Buy, I got a great deal ($750) but now that I'm trying to buy and download GarageBand I get an error saying "These apps cannot be accepted by your Apple ID. These apps were already assigned to another Apple ID, and they will be available in that Apple ID's Purchases list. If you don't have access to that Apple ID and want to receive future updates, you will need to purchase the applications"

Any ideas of how to fix that??

Thanks

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

maybe a clean install of Lion would help, it sounds like iLife apps are being linked to the original owners apple id

3. nd4p90x macrumors newbie

Same issue with iPhoto

I am having the same issue with iPhoto and it is a clean install of lion on a macbook air that I bought from a friend.

4. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Solution

After buying my MacBook Air secondhand, I had the same problem. The solution: Remove all the iLife apps and reinstall from the original DVD. (Thank goodness for Remote Disk.) Start the App Store and your updates should go through without question.