I cant install tiger on my macbook with an external dvd drive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by beeapps, Jan 25, 2011.

1. beeapps macrumors newbie

I recently ordered new disks from apple for my macbook. I installed a new hard drive and would like to put mac osx back on it

so i started instillation by pressing c everything started well until it got to verifying disk. Once its done everything freezes and when i skip it it will say preparing instillation and still freeze. By the way i am using a external dvd drive because my drive is not operational also it seems that i cant to a remote install from my imac either im not sure what to do next

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

3. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

If it stalls during checking the disc... it could just have smudges/scratches/dirt on it... otherwise, like the above poster... it may be too new to put tiger onto.

4. beeapps thread starter macrumors newbie

I came with tiger on it it's a newer MacBook apple sent me those disks after looking up my serial number

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

This is confusing. If it came with Tiger, it can't be a "newer MacBook"... only the first 3 generations came with Tiger. So which is it?

6. beeapps thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a 13in white unibody MacBook it came a few years ago I believe its not the snow model it's the one that came out after that if that makes sense is it possible to reinstall Mac os x with an external DVD drive or can I use a external flash USB drive

7. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Go to the Apple Menu and click on "About This Mac..." Then click on "More Info..." Under hardware overview, what does it say for model identifier? For example, mine says "3,1".